JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know and some of the comments on the KGW facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/KGWTV8/posts/10152624478230736

about it are ludicrous. People now calling for a long waiting period so documents have time to catch up (in this case it was months past the time of the protective order when he purchased the guns). Nothing like a system that doesn't even work the way it is originally designed to. Let's pass another law...

Actually you didn't, KIRO did, but it took a while for me to get this posted to NWF amid all the goofiness going on with this case, up to and including a radio interview about the 4473 and how this mighta happened. As for how NICS did't catch this...well, that's a little something that maybe the Tulalip court is going to have some 'splainin to do. Probably more Wednesday.

To which I might add, a lot of good investigative reporting went into what has already been printed. The arrest document is an interesting read, but it's only the first round.

How is it that NICS did not "deny" his purchase? He had a permanent protection order since 2002.

Dunno, but as far as statistics, I hope someone's keeping track. I don't think there's any data for prohibited persons who clear NCIS. As of 2010, 1 in 12.5 denials are in error against a non-prohibited person and more than 1 in 4 delayed denials are against a non-prohibited person.

Dunno, but as far as statistics, I hope someone's keeping track. I don't think there's any data for prohibited persons who clear NCIS. As of 2010, 1 in 12.5 denials are in error against a non-prohibited person and more than 1 in 4 delayed denials are against a non-prohibited person.

Uber: Where did you get this statistic of the "1 in 12.5?" Cite please.

I'm tired and have to admit I wasn't clear. From what I understand IF your denial was referred to the ATF by the FBI-NCIS, which was just over half of all denials for 2008, then the denial had an 8.3% (~1 in 12.5) chance of being "not referred and overturned" (which to me reads as a reversal of denial against a non-prohibited person).

Table 8 from "Background Checks for Firearm Transfers, 2008 - Statistical Tables" Bureau of Justice Statistics. http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/html/bcft/2008/bcft08st.pdf

Last Edited:
I know and some of the comments on the KGW facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/KGWTV8/posts/10152624478230736

about it are ludicrous. People now calling for a long waiting period so documents have time to catch up (in this case it was months past the time of the protective order when he purchased the guns). Nothing like a system that doesn't even work the way it is originally designed to. Let's pass another law...

I'm convinced the system is working exactly the way they want it too. Their plan is to make it as Inconvenient as possible so people stop buying guns all together.

Since 594 I've sold a few guns with legal transfer and 2/3 have been delayed for the full 10 days. Even with a cpl. One guy had one of those FBI numbers and still got delayed.

I'm convinced the system is working exactly the way they want it too. Their plan is to make it as Inconvenient as possible so people stop buying guns all together.

Since 594 I've sold a few guns with legal transfer and 2/3 have been delayed for the full 10 days. Even with a cpl. One guy had one of those FBI numbers and still got delayed.
second that, the tactics is the same how they slowly but surely eliminated smoking in most places ...

second that, the tactics is the same how they slowly but surely eliminated smoking in most places ...

Second that. I see why they want to ban smoking in businesses but the business owner should have the choice to allow it or not, and let the market decide if that was a smart idea or not. Especially in the internet age with yelp and all that jazz.

Second that. I see why they want to ban smoking in businesses but the business owner should have the choice to allow it or not, and let the market decide if that was a smart idea or not. Especially in the internet age with yelp and all that jazz.
I stopped smoking 15 years ago, and I am glad nobody smokes in restaurants. Lets me wear my clothes again the next day ;-) And of course, smoking is really unhealthy. I reject the notion that "guns" or "gun culture" are a public health issue. If anything, violence is a consequence of poverty, lack of education, and dysfunctional families. So let's start there.

Guns are safer then cigarette's that is for sure, and alcohol, and cars, and McDonald's, and on and on. I think "gun culture" represents the stable American family. A father and his son spending time together, passing down traditions, spending time outdoors, and having the freedom to do what you want with your time and surplus money.

Good thing nobody really needs a gun and can wait 10 days to get it...o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top