JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sure the reply is going to be something to the effect of: "There are laws!"

And, I wonder why we can't get anti-firearms possession laws repealed in this country...

I don't have to. You did it for me. Thanx. The 1930's proved that not everybody could just run around with a Tommy gun thanx to Sears.

Gun Control has always been Racist

When Black Panthers were arming up, Politicians shafted the Nation.

It has been long known it would be difficult, when behind every blade of grass would be a gun.

https://www.history.com/news/black-panthers-gun-control-nra-support-mulford-act

Throughout the late 1960s, the militant black nationalist group used their understanding of the finer details of California's gun laws to underscore their political statements about the subjugation of African-Americans. In 1967, 30 members of the Black Panthers protested on the steps of the California statehouse armed with .357 Magnums, 12-gauge shotguns and .45-caliber pistols and announced, "The time has come for black people to arm themselves."

T he display so frightened politicians—including California governor Ronald Reagan—that it helped to pass the Mulford Act, a state bill prohibiting the open carry of loaded firearms, along with an addendum prohibiting loaded firearms in the state Capitol. The 1967 bill took California down the path to having some of the strictest gun laws in America and helped jumpstart a surge of national gun control restrictions.

"The law was part of a wave of laws that were passed in the late 1960s regulating guns, especially to target African-Americans," says Adam Winkler, author of Gunfight: The Battle Over the Right to Bear Arms. "Including the Gun Control Act of 1968, which adopted new laws prohibiting certain people from owning guns, providing for beefed up licensing and inspections of gun dealers and restricting the importation of cheap Saturday night specials [pocket pistols] that were popular in some urban communities."

My only curiosity.

Did it even work?

I mean folks don't trust Chinese brands like Holosun, how do we know that auto sear, likely Chinese crap, even worked!

:p

I don't have to. You did it for me. Thanx. The 1930's proved that not everybody could just run around with a Tommy gun thanx to Sears.

To re-emphasize, bud... With individual sovereignty and Constitutional "allies" like you, it's a wonder why we're still losing ground to the Left instead of repealing anti-firearms possession laws at the Federal level. And, all the other gun control laws. But, please, continue to crack cute with me.

To re-emphasize, bud... With individual sovereignty and Constitutional "allies" like you, it's a wonder why we're still losing ground to the Left instead of repealing anti-firearms possession laws at the Federal level. And, all the other gun control laws. But, please, continue to crack cute with me.

Don't blame me for your theory.......bud!

Anyone else remember the rumor/urban legend in the 90's that there was a defect in a run of G21 models that would have them go full-auto unexpectedly? That rated up there with the flashing-headlights-gang-initiation. This article reminded me of that.

Anyone else remember the rumor/urban legend in the 90's that there was a defect in a run of G21 models that would have them go full-auto unexpectedly? That rated up there with the flashing-headlights-gang-initiation. This article reminded me of that.

Remember the "New York" Glock trigger in the '90s? NY police had a heavier trigger installed because they felt the stock trigger to be too light in stressful self defense situations.

During the same time period, there were a couple police shootings in Portland where officers were emptying full magazines out of their newly issued Glocks at suspects. We theorized that if there was a "New York" trigger, there might also be a "Portland" trigger that simply mag dumped the entire 17 rounds with one trigger pull.

-E-

How were officers able to determine that the pistol in question was a "machine gun"? Did they do a mag dump on site? I have HK clones that have three position selectors where the selector will move to the "full" position. That does not make it a machine gun. ???

-E-

How were officers able to determine that the pistol in question was a "machine gun"? Did they do a mag dump on site? I have HK clones that have three position selectors where the selector will move to the "full" position. That does not make it a machine gun. ???

-E-
They used their color-coded slide rule for trigger looks. "Yellow trigger = full auto."

It's also Redmond. The cops have ARs in their cars to handle those crimes where someone undertips for their latte at Starbucks.

Well you do not know your firearms then. Look at the back of the slide. Do you see that piece of metal sticking out with what looks like a lever? That is a selector for full auto to semi and back again. Any legal machine gun in the US HAS to be either a transferable pre 1986 gun or a post 1986 Dealer sample gun. Everything else is illegal.
I believe the other poster stated "per the Constitution," however. Many of us believe the NFA is wholly unconstitutional and exists only for political expediency. YMMV.

Gun Control has always been Racist

When Black Panthers were arming up, Politicians shafted the Nation.

It has been long known it would be difficult, when behind every blade of grass would be a gun.

https://www.history.com/news/black-panthers-gun-control-nra-support-mulford-act

Throughout the late 1960s, the militant black nationalist group used their understanding of the finer details of California's gun laws to underscore their political statements about the subjugation of African-Americans. In 1967, 30 members of the Black Panthers protested on the steps of the California statehouse armed with .357 Magnums, 12-gauge shotguns and .45-caliber pistols and announced, "The time has come for black people to arm themselves."

T he display so frightened politicians—including California governor Ronald Reagan—that it helped to pass the Mulford Act, a state bill prohibiting the open carry of loaded firearms, along with an addendum prohibiting loaded firearms in the state Capitol. The 1967 bill took California down the path to having some of the strictest gun laws in America and helped jumpstart a surge of national gun control restrictions.

"The law was part of a wave of laws that were passed in the late 1960s regulating guns, especially to target African-Americans," says Adam Winkler, author of Gunfight: The Battle Over the Right to Bear Arms. "Including the Gun Control Act of 1968, which adopted new laws prohibiting certain people from owning guns, providing for beefed up licensing and inspections of gun dealers and restricting the importation of cheap Saturday night specials [pocket pistols] that were popular in some urban communities."

It was way before the Black Pathers.

1) "You know that's the truth, even if you don't want to admit it."
You should tell Kyle Rittenhouse all about it.

2) 2A has been de facto null and void since at least 1934. That doesn't make it Constitutionally valid, just that 2A or anything else means whatever the Sacred Shysters say it means. They will simply interpret it out of existence. Jim Crow was never Constitutionally valid, but that didn't help the people on the receiving end of it.

3) " We theorized that if there was a "New York" trigger, there might also be a "Portland" trigger that simply mag dumped the entire 17 rounds with one trigger pull."
Well, they're cops so they get to have stuff like that.
Wait!! The answer just came to me in a blast of revelation: Give the Potland cops VP-70s. They had a trigger pull that makes a 1895 Nagant look good by comparison and 3-shot burst with the shoulder stock attached. H&K probably has a bunch in a warehouse somewhere.
1617115987175.png

4) "How were officers able to determine that the pistol in question was a "machine gun"? Did they do a mag dump on site?"
Hold the trigger while you drop the slide. If it trips the sear it's likely FA.
I once saw a demonstration of how to turn on a popular brand of 9mm auto with 2 pieces cut out of a penny, removeable by just taking the slide off so no permanent modification. If you were real quick you might get off 2 presses on the trigger without hitting anything. Naturally, I would never share such diabolical arcana with the Forces of Evil.

5) "I have HK clones that have three position selectors where the selector will move to the "full" position."
And I have seen selector equipped AR clones with a that didn't play rock 'n' roll.

Is what you described a race problem or court/justice system problem? We can't have either but one should be easily rectified by getting rid of biased woke judges and court officers, mayors, governors...you know the same people we keep in power then cry about racism.

In my experience, as a rule with a few exceptions, most judges aren't "woke". Most aren't overtly racist but some are. If anything Judges/police/prosecutors have some implicit bias in favor of those they can relate to....and there less brown judges/prosecutors/police. Typically differential treatment and differential outcomes are more a problem of a) different treatment/scrutiny by law enforcement b) different charging treatment by prosecutors for the current and perhaps past run-ins with law enforcement, and c) different levels of defense resources. A jury might be unbiased or inclined to nullification but so few cases get past the plea bargain stage that potential jury bias rarely has a chance to be an issue for all but the most serious crimes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top