JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Many buyers just have unreasonable expectations of sellers. As a seller it is clear that nothing is a done deal until you have been paid. Since even if a buyer says they will take it, at bare minimum that agreement is based on an accurate description of the item for sale. Since any description may be considered incorrect due to differing opinions of condition, as well as hundreds of possibilities for miscommunication given the esoteric details of complex items (ie. "Oh, I thought it had the 6.2" barrel nut just the 6" one, I already have 3 of these!"), there is always a lot of possibility for a deal not to happen or to be unsatisfactory for the buyer ("I drove a hundred miles because that dope didn't know he had the shorter barrel I bet he never spent the hundred hours I have exploring the history of the Rambu Motley ZZ36"). Since this is the case, it would be good for buyers to realize that a seller has a lot of incentive to take the deal that is real and in front of them.

So, buyers should relax, accept the fact that they may or may not get the item, but they do have the right to refuse to do the deal if the item isn't what they thought it was, and that sellers, in this case, don't have the right to kick them to the curb for that. Buyers are sometimes sellers so having an empathy for the position of another should be easy. This is the fair way to do deals and to avoid leaving negative feedback. This is about buying TOYS not about obtaining the elixir of life itself, and another good deal is always just around the corner.

No, this is about living up to your commitments. If an agreement is reached, then both sides need to live up to their end. Unless the buyer flakes on a meeting or refuses to pay the agreed upon amount, there is not an acceptable reason to back out of a contract (without both sides agreeing to do so). Its dishonest and unethical. Likewise, a buyer should not back out on a deal once an agreement is reached.

The fact of the matter is that we're not curing cancer, but we are entering into contracts when we agree to buy, sell, or trade things. People should have the ethical and moral fiber to live up to their end of the contract and should not be surprised or retaliate when negative feedback is left...

How do you view this...

A first-in-line potential buyer responds to an ad, stating they are interested, but has one simple question (not about the price, and a question that can be answered with a simple yes/no/I don't know). The seller sees the response/question and chooses to ignore it, then later posts they responded to all and the first "I'll take it" gets it. The potential buyer is waiting for a quick answer while the seller later sells the item to someone else. The buyer has a 100% positive transaction record and does not know the seller.

perfect example if I so say so myself of what transpires every now and again.....I guess win some lose some in these circustances....or so Ive learned.

No, this is about living up to your commitments. If an agreement is reached, then both sides need to live up to their end. Unless the buyer flakes on a meeting or refuses to pay the agreed upon amount, there is not an acceptable reason to back out of a contract (without both sides agreeing to do so).

A non-functional item, or one that does not live up to the seller's description, is another good (and accepted) reason for a buyer to back out.

On the buyers behalf, I wish more sellers would list the normal details on the item they are selling.

If all of the info was stated, the buyer would have a easier task to quickly make a decision in "I'll take it".

I have made multiple purchases over the last 14 days and it seems it took a lot of messages to just get the basic info.

I dealt with good people, but it sure would make things easier.

OK while we are on the topic, a practice I don't like to see is a "buyer" posting Sold in a thread for an item Or posting something along the lines of consider it sold. To me that post is unfair to the seller, and unless the buyer has the item in his hand it isn't really sold and might discourage legitimate customers from contacting the seller.

Thoughts?

I waited till I had actually paid for it, run it through a NICs check (crossborder sale) and had it home. So, in my case it wasn't "unfair" :s0155:

one was for an AK-74 and it was crossborder so we needed an FFL transfer. Seller accepted my word that I wanted it, called areound to find an FFL to do the transfer and even "spotted" me the price of the transfer. We met, I looked it over, paid him, did the paperwork and paid for it too.
Had the seller backed out and said he only wanted in state FTF then I would have understood. We both went out of our way to make a deal and I will (and have) deal with him again!
Naturally there's the same item for sale from a WA resident for $110 less right now but that's the way the gun sales go!! I'm still happy with what I got regardless.
Seems like the way to deal to me, unfortunately there are those that don't respect others in all walks of life!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top