JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let's face it. We all want positive feedback, but if we got one that is negative, is it the end of the world? Maybe you did nothing wrong, or even questionable, but it was misunderstood by a buyer/seller. The whole point of the feedback system is to get an overall idea of how a person does business having never met them in person. If I was going to buy or sell to a person, one or two negative feedbacks would probably not be a deal breaker, especially if positive feedback far outweighs the negative.

For example, one time on eBay I got a negative feedback from someone who bought a guitar from me, opted not to purchase insurance, and then want me to pay nearly the entire purchase price for repairing "shipping damages" they could not even photographically document. In my opinion, they were trying to scam me, and when I wouldn't fall for it, tried to retaliate by leaving me negative feedback. To date, I only have the one negative feedback, and in my opinion was bogus anyway. I am definitely not losing any sleep over it.

The format here is nothing like ebay, or gunbroker.

If the seller is specific in his thread, and states that the first "I'll take it" or the first unconditional "I'l take it" rules the day, then so be it, that's the way it is. I wouldn't expect anything unless it's spelled out in his thread. No one knows what's happening behind the scene except the seller. Pms can come to the seller at a brutal pace, that the buyer has no clue about.

Other wise I think the seller has the right to sell or not sell to whoever he wants. I think communication is the key.
Imagine a deal, where the seller shows up to meet the buyer, and the buyer behaves really suspect, like maybe suicidal or just plain nuts, or he's under age. I think the seller has every right to back out of the deal. He may even make this determination through emails, Pms, or phone coversations.

Don't assume anything until you've got a solid deal. Then, if the guy fails to show up. or deliver on his end of the bargin, and he really has no excuse. Then you should leave negative feed back.

This is just my opinion.

Scenario:

A firearm is posted. There appears to be some sort of agreement with another member for transfer of ownership. Seller posts "gone". Seller flakes out, buyer leaves negative feedback. Seller leaves retaliatory negative feedback. Later, seller approaches another member offering same item to trade. PM's turn into emails. 30 or so...let's just say. (My Ron White impersonation.) Both parties agree on all details. Seller changes mind again. That is 2 times this item was "available", and both times seller backs out.

Does the second victim leave negative feedback, and in turn receive the same? That's just not right, fair or moral.

Let's just say it's all starting to come together now. Let's just say.

I think it's good form to respond to all questions Pm or posted! I also think telling a guy he is second in line is good form too.
Yes, but that can bite you sometimes. I have told people they were second in line or that someone else has already bid higher before only to be accused of trying to jack up the price or pressure the sale. I now just respond with a polite "I will consider your offer and contact you if I wish to continue the negotiation."

OK while we are on the topic, a practice I don't like to see is a "buyer" posting Sold in a thread for an item Or posting something along the lines of consider it sold. To me that post is unfair to the seller, and unless the buyer has the item in his hand it isn't really sold and might discourage legitimate customers from contacting the seller.

Thoughts?

I agree, it is immoral. How else could the feedback thing be handled?

Have a Mod look into it and maybe give infraction to retaliator. Just a suggestion.

I'm torn...I have 58 rating all positive. I'm so tempted to give a negative to someone, I know he will do the same. Not that 1 negative would really hurt me, just the idea.

I have better luck on Craigslist these days.

OK while we are on the topic, a practice I don't like to see is a "buyer" posting Sold in a thread for an item Or posting something along the lines of consider it sold. To me that post is unfair to the seller, and unless the buyer has the item in his hand it isn't really sold and might discourage legitimate customers from contacting the seller.

Thoughts?
It's not up to the buyer or prospective buyer to announce the sale of a gun. That's up to the seller.

What really has me frustrated is the guys who feel it's ok to PM a seller that has listed an item as sold or pending funds with the attempt to pay more to get the item and foul up the pending deal.

And what's up with the no replies to posts of "I'll take it" when you are the first reply? I've had seller just blow off pms and posts just to lock the thread without the courtesy of an update. If an item is sold or pending, post that it is spoken for or sold!

This all boils down honor and civility....some have it and some don't; it important for all of us to grow the culture of it here :s0155:.

"OK while we are on the topic, a practice I don't like to see is a "buyer" posting Sold in a thread for an item Or posting something along the lines of consider it sold. To me that post is unfair to the seller, and unless the buyer has the item in his hand it isn't really sold and might discourage legitimate customers from contacting the seller.

Thoughts?"

This practice annoys me as well. The seller is the only person who should post that it is sold, no question...And the seller should also quickly close the thread when its in fact sold.

"OK while we are on the topic, a practice I don't like to see is a "buyer" posting Sold in a thread for an item Or posting something along the lines of consider it sold. To me that post is unfair to the seller, and unless the buyer has the item in his hand it isn't really sold and might discourage legitimate customers from contacting the seller.

Thoughts?"

This practice annoys me as well. The seller is the only person who should post that it is sold, no question...And the seller should also quickly close the thread when its in fact sold.
I agree, although if a potential buyer posts "SOLD! I'll take it!!", that just says they are really excited and will buy it no matter what. Just a plain 'ol "sold" by anyone other than the OP should be a no-no.

I think the original thought of this post is a deal being agreed upon, seller backing out, receiving negative feedback and retaliating over it.

What really has me frustrated is the guys who feel it's ok to PM a seller that has listed an item as sold or pending funds with the attempt to pay more to get the item and foul up the pending deal.

And what's up with the no replies to posts of "I'll take it" when you are the first reply? I've had seller just blow off pms and posts just to lock the thread without the courtesy of an update. If an item is sold or pending, post that it is spoken for or sold!

This all boils down honor and civility....some have it and some don't; it important for all of us to grow the culture of it here :s0155:.

I agree with all those points!

Also, regarding negative feedback. I don't think a guy would be out of line to inquire about someones negative feedback, just send them a PM. There is usually 3 sides to every negative feedback, sellers side, buyers side and the truth.

Just my opinion.

Also, regarding negative feedback. I don't think a guy would be out of line to inquire about someones negative feedback, just send them a PM. There is usually 3 sides to every negative feedback, sellers side, buyers side and the truth.

Just my opinion.

My side is the truth!
:s0113:

Just trying to lighten up the tension....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top