JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hate the dentist lol my dentist is a great guy I like talking to him his son is a special forces military guy but after the conversation stops I don't like him anymore until the work is done LOL my neighbor just had surgery for implants only slowed her down for a few day's she's back to talking none stop HEHE

At age 20 I had all four wisdom teeth removed. Wondered why I was having headaches. Infected. Was up and out the very next day. Just a little bit of swelling. You will enjoy life so much more when you can chew your food.

Last Edited:
I had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted since the lower ones were impacted and all of the work my braces did would be ruined. I was 17 at the time.

My sympathies Captain.

You're fortunate you can afford it. A lot of people can't.
Mine are getting done one at a time.
Sometimes at home.

I have already been doing just that (with my fingers). The OHP will be handing both the extractions and the dentures.

The problem will be in articulating clearly with the prosthetic devices. When I do back to show business it will be critical to work. (Remember, I speak for a living).

Last Edited:
I have already been doing just that (with my fingers). The OHP will be handing with both the extractions and the dentures.

The problem will be in articulating clearly with the prosthetic devices When I do back to show business it will be critical to work. (Remember, I speak for a living).
I had a friend that struggled with speaking after he got his dentures.

When he talked to his denturist about it, the guy said,"oh that's easy to fix" and proceeded to cut the center out of the uppers, so the guys tongue went back to working against the roof of his mouth.
Cleared up the issue immediately.
His drinking, eating and speaking all appear to be normal now, and he's only had them about 9 months.

Good luck Captain.

I had a friend that struggled with speaking after he got his dentures.

When he talked to his denturist about it, the guy said,"oh that's easy to fix" and proceeded to cut the center out of the uppers, so the guys tongue went back to working against the roof of his mouth.
Cleared up the issue immediately.
His drinking, eating and speaking all appear to be normal now, and he's only had them about 9 months.

Good luck Captain.

Thank you. I needed suggestions before I return to the stage and studio. Were it not for the problems with articulation, I wouldn't have any apprehension about the procedure.

If I am able to suggest to the denturist that he remove the soft palate covering from the upper plate, I may be ahead of the game.

My brother had all his pulled and dentures installed at the age of 37, and I am due for the same ( age 46) due to a funky set of circumstances, some how the teeth are prone to splitting. I have had three bridges and the teeth that support them have all split. My bro didn't have any troubles with his dentures once they were final fit and tuned, and other then changing his eating habits, it's never really caused any trouble. Mine will be even better, I am able to get full implants so it will be like my normal teeth with normal brushing and cleaning!

When I liked your post, Captain O, I mean to offer you support.

I worked with a lady who had the teeth plucked and dentures fitted the same day. She dealt with pain for a while, but other than that seemed to adapt/adjust quickly. I wish the same for you.

I hope that I didn't appear short-tempered. Coming home in great pain doesn't engender either joy or happiness. On May 12th, the doctor told me that he would be using both Nitrous Oxide and Lidocaine to anesthetize me. My worries are:

(a) When the Lidocaine wears off, and

(b) remaining on a liquid and semi-solid diet for three weeks until my gums heal.

A frightening proposition, is it not?

You got this. When my father in law had his porcelains extracted due to issues it took him a little while to start to talk clearly again but now it's all good. Either that or we are used to his slurring...:p

Btw: you are too far away or I'd loan you my Vitamix...

Well, it was over by 1:30 this afternoon. It has been almost 6 1/2 hours since the procedure and I have removed the gauze from my mouth. I was awake for the 20-25 minutes of the entire event.
They gave me a drug (the big, bad 'O') that I don't want to use, for tonight's pain. Amoxicillin should help me avoid infection. and Ibuprofen (600 mg) should keep the swelling at a minimum.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top