JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This will be in order to perform a hiatal and inguinal hernia surgery. I don't know how long this will take, or whether they can get it done tomorrow, but I think that it will be successful.

Prayers please.

Scott

Hopefully today is going well for you. Having had hernia surgeries before (inguinal and epigastric, one at VA, one at Frankfurt 97th General) I know what you're going through, and wish you a speedy recovery. Hopefully things will go well...good luck.

Dayum! The story is that they won't perform surgery until April 30th. They're going to provide me a truss until then. The mail will take a while.

Scott

Had that surgery myself. The only catch I ran into was that when they went in, there wasn't a hernia to be found. That was so much fun. They were all baffled as they all swore they felt it.

Best wishes - I hope it's either complete and successful or will be if it's later today. I'm also interested in how well your experience was with the VA.

Good luck, they'll treat you right.

From experience...

If you don't like nervously sitting around starving all day before surgery (and that means no coffee too), ask for "pole position," first one in the morning.

Take as much time off work as you really need as opposed to rushing back like everything's fine.

No matter how much you love your sister, do NOT agree to help her move and lift things like refrigerators. Wait a few months to really heal before you heft anything heavier than a sixpack.

Good luck, they'll treat you right.

From experience...

If you don't like nervously sitting around starving all day before surgery (and that means no coffee too), ask for "pole position," first one in the morning.

Take as much time off work as you really need as opposed to rushing back like everything's fine.

No matter how much you love your sister, do NOT agree to help her move and lift things like refrigerators. Wait a few months to really heal before you heft anything heavier than a sixpack.

I'm accustomed to going hungry before such an occasion. Not to worry. Sadly, I don't have the "pole position." My appointment is at 1:00 p.m. with the surgical staff.

I have no family around with which to deal. I am not picking up a darned thing heavier than a bag of groceries. When I'm at work, I am usually sitting at a desk. I'd be willing to bet that in about a week, I'll be ready to go back to my usual tricks.

Scott

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads