Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I'll be going to the Emergency Room at the VA Clinic tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gunfan, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Gunfan

Gunfan Vancouver Member

This will be in order to perform a hiatal and inguinal hernia surgery. I don't know how long this will take, or whether they can get it done tomorrow, but I think that it will be successful.

Prayers please.

Scott

2. rocky3

rocky3 oregon coast Active Member

I am not a prayerful guy, but I will wish you good luck.

3. Meat

Meat East King County, WA New Member

Prayers....done!

4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Knee mail sent on high!! Best!

5. parallax

parallax eugene, or-gun Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Best of wishes Gunfan,

6. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Hopefully today is going well for you. Having had hernia surgeries before (inguinal and epigastric, one at VA, one at Frankfurt 97th General) I know what you're going through, and wish you a speedy recovery. Hopefully things will go well...good luck.

7. mosinguy1

mosinguy1 out by the ocean Active Member

Prayers out for ya!!!!!! wishing you a speedy recovery!!!!!

8. Gunfan

Gunfan Vancouver Member

Dayum! The story is that they won't perform surgery until April 30th. They're going to provide me a truss until then. The mail will take a while.

Scott

9. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Had that surgery myself. The only catch I ran into was that when they went in, there wasn't a hernia to be found. That was so much fun. They were all baffled as they all swore they felt it.

10. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Best wishes - I hope it's either complete and successful or will be if it's later today. I'm also interested in how well your experience was with the VA.

11. Gunfan

Gunfan Vancouver Member

They were polite, kind and through. The truss will be in the mail, and the wait until the 30th of April begins.

Scott

12. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Good luck, they'll treat you right.

From experience...

If you don't like nervously sitting around starving all day before surgery (and that means no coffee too), ask for "pole position," first one in the morning.

Take as much time off work as you really need as opposed to rushing back like everything's fine.

No matter how much you love your sister, do NOT agree to help her move and lift things like refrigerators. Wait a few months to really heal before you heft anything heavier than a sixpack.

13. Gunfan

Gunfan Vancouver Member

I'm accustomed to going hungry before such an occasion. Not to worry. Sadly, I don't have the "pole position." My appointment is at 1:00 p.m. with the surgical staff.

I have no family around with which to deal. I am not picking up a darned thing heavier than a bag of groceries. When I'm at work, I am usually sitting at a desk. I'd be willing to bet that in about a week, I'll be ready to go back to my usual tricks.

Scott

14. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

A gallon of milk will weigh more than you should pick up that first few days. TAKE IT REAL EASY.

15. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

He's not kidding. You'll be amazed at what makes you ache down there, and for quite awhile too. You'll do fine if you're not in too big of a hurry.