JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I confused as to why a person carrying more than one gun is any more dangerous than a person carrying one gun.

In the twisted minds of hoplophobes that extra gun, not properly supervised by idiot gun packers, could jump out of their pocket and run down the street to the nearest elementary school...

And more than 10 rds may make the "evil assault clip" take over your psyche with the same results

They are projecting their own instabilities

It takes a special kind of ego to think you're above the Constitution and more wise than its authors.
Don't it though?!?
The scary part is, the same corrupt, non-constitutional local political system spawned our current presidential admin.

I confused as to why a person carrying more than one gun is any more dangerous than a person carrying one gun.
Because the ankle holster it's being carried in could cause a person to trip over their own feet, and make the second gun discharge, killing innumerable grade-school kids crossing the street 3 blocks away.

Sheesh, don't you guys understand the hazards of concealed carry? [/sarc]

The underlying philosophy is that the unruly animals have no self control or morals and can't be trusted with "things". Therefore they must be controlled for their own good. Only the governor knows what's best for them.

If so that is a big improvement for IL.
@ unklekippy
I am all for constitutional carry like AK, WY, VT & AZ but until then at least in WA you can opencarry without a permit.
In TN you need a permit to opencarry and TX & FL you can't opencarry at all.

I believe it's shall issue

If so that is a big improvement for IL.
@ unklekippy
I am all for constitutional carry like AK, WY, VT & AZ but until then at least in WA you can opencarry without a permit.
In TN you need a permit to opencarry and TX & FL you can't opencarry at all.

Also in WA, gun laws are controlled by the state so if cities try enact a separate set of gun restrictions they are violating state law.

<broken link removed>

I believe it's shall issue
Basically shall issue with objections available. I believe this was in the final text sent to the governor.
Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for HB0183
Allows any law enforcement agency to object to a license applicant based upon a reasonable suspicion that the applicant is a danger to himself or herself or others, or a threat to public safety. Allows the Department of State Police to object to a license applicant with 5 or more arrests for any reason or 3 or more gang-related arrests within the 7 years preceding the date of application. These objections are reviewed by a Concealed Carry Licensing Review Board composed of 7 members appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate. The Concealed Carry Licensing Review Board determines by a preponderance of the evidence whether the applicant is eligible or ineligible for a license.

ETA: I hate trying to figure out what's going on with bills in other states. Hard enough to do in my state.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top