JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Absolutely and if you do decide you want to give it a go your first match is free. The gate should be open but if it's not there is a range host that lives on site who will open it for you.

I shot one of my best scores ever 37/40! Missed two turkeys and the last ram. I think the July match is going to be scratched due to the 4th but we should be back in action in August 5th.

Oh, we had a shooter today who wanted to shoot small bore so we set the little targets up for the .22. If you can get good sight settings for 25/50/75 and 100 meters you can shoot either pistol or rifle. $6 a gun, 40 round match plus a tip for the target setters.

I am not a member and I try to shoot every month. There is supposed to be a code to get non members in on specific days for open competition, but it hes not worked the last two times I tried to use it. I just go over to the trailer and the host lets me in for the match.

Man, yesterday was a great day! Shot a new personal best 39/40. I actually hit all 40 but something about the way I hit the first ram left him standing and they only count when they fall down.

Met a new forum member out there; thanks for coming out GadgetGeek! You made Bill's day.

We put some .22 sized steel out there for the target setters to shoot at. They were a little tired on the way home

IMAG0179.jpg

Next scheduled match is 8/5. I won't be there next month (Appleseed shoot in Stevenson, WA) but the match must go on :) Shoot me a PM and I can put you in contact with Bill if you would like try it out.

What a great day we had! I shot my personal best too (20/40). ;) Granted it was the first time I had ever shot IHMSA, but now I am hooked! Thanks again for the invite KC, and a BIG thanks to Bill for allowing me to burn up some of his ammo and use his Remington xp-100!

As much running as the kids did, I am amazed they made it to the truck!

Have fun at the Appleseed shoot! Let us know how everyone did!

I hope more people show up for the next match. We only had three shooters for last Sunday and one of them was new to DRRC.
He would put just about all of the other top shooters to shame.
Afterward both of us went over to Tri county and shot a 22 match where he used his Anshutz to shoot the center out of all of his targets.

I just acquired a t/c contender,G1,in .357 Maximum. Man that thing thumps. ! anyway,i'd love a chance to shoot at anything that will go clang and maybe fall over. !
It has a 2x scope,no open sights. I have 125 grain jhp's,and 180 grain jhp'. for it .can I come play ?

Last Edited:
You bet, and that Contender is just the ticket to get the job done.
Since you don't have iron sights, you will be shooting in a catagory called "Unlimited Any Sight", and of course we will expect you to shoot a perfect score the first time out. I would suggest that you use the light weight bullets for chickens and maybe pigs and turkeys, but for the rams, you are going to want to shoot the 180 grain bullets. The 125 grain bullets just don't have enough energy left at 200 meters to knock down a 55 lb steel target consistantly. It happens, but you can't count on it. If possible, it would be a good idea to get some sight settings prior to the match, that is knowing whether you want to dial the scope up and down for the various distances or just use the indicators on the reticle for aiming points.
I just acquired a t/c contender,G1,in .357 Maximum. Man that thing thumps. ! anyway,i'd love a chance to shoot at anything that will go clang and maybe fall over. !
It has a 2x scope,no open sights. I have 125 grain jhp's,and 180 grain jhp'. for it .can I come play ?

thanks bd,that is just what I needed to know.
perfect score,1st time out. hmmm.
HA !!
I ill be doing some sight diaing next week,an I think ur right,save the heavy hitters for the rams.
iv'e never been to DR club,are there signs as to which range i'd be looking for ? I have a chamber flag but no case for the t/c,is a case required for 'moving about' ?
I can get a case if he range requires it.
this sounds like a lot of fun,whether I hit anyting or not. !

To start with, the best way to find Douglas Ridge is to check out the website.
They have a map there that will do a better job of showing you the way than I can do here.

The last few times I have gone, the gate code I was given did not work, so I went over to the mobile home where the caretaker lives (just inside the gate) and told him that I was there for the silhouette match and he let me in. The pistol range is all the way to the back on the left side.
Gun case is not required like on some ranges like Tri-County, and most people use open top utility boxes or sometimes specially made boxes to haul their guns around. Check with the guy who runs the thing and he will fill you in.

My first time out there I used a TC Contender and shot a 5. It had iron sights and I had no sight settings.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely that I will be there. It looks like I will be working Sundays at that time.
Fear not, everybody who shoots there will do what they can to show you the ropes and make sure you have a good time.

Take some cash, it costs $6.00 to go thru each round, and a round is 40 shots plus 5 for target settings. Also, take a lunch and plenty of water. You'll probably get thirsty if the weather is warm like it has been.

thanks bd,that is just what I needed to know.
perfect score,1st time out. hmmm.
HA !!
I ill be doing some sight diaing next week,an I think ur right,save the heavy hitters for the rams.
iv'e never been to DR club,are there signs as to which range i'd be looking for ? I have a chamber flag but no case for the t/c,is a case required for 'moving about' ?
I can get a case if he range requires it.
this sounds like a lot of fun,whether I hit anyting or not. !

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top