JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting gun.. I like the suppressed factors and barrel options but the best feature is the swappable bolt handle. I see they ripped off Vortex on the FS but it does look good

I wonder what the pricing will be. Looks cool though.
standard
Item Number R556xi-16B-C, R556xi-16B-S
Caliber 5.56mm NATO
Overall Length 35.8 in / 912.9 mm
Rifling 1 in 7in
Number of Grooves 6
Barrel Length 16.0 in / 406.4 mm
Weight w/out Mag 7.1 lb / 3.22 kg
Mag Capacity 30 Rounds
Accessory Rail Yes
Options Swiss-Style Folding Stock with Removable Cheek Rest, Ambi Controls, Locking Flip-Up Sights, Also Available with a Quad Rail
MSRP $1,466.00 - $1,599.00
CA Compliant No
MA Compliant No

russian
Item Number R556xi-762-16B-C-AK
Caliber 7.62 X 39mm
Overall Length 35.8 in
Rifling 1 in 9.5in
Number of Grooves 4
Barrel Length 16.0 in
Weight w/out Mag 7 lbs 1 oz
Mag Capacity 30 Rounds
Accessory Rail Yes
Features 3-Position Gas Piston Operating System with Rotating Bolt, Swiss-style Folding Stock with Removable Cheek Riser, Accepts Most AK-Type Magazines, Locking Flip-Up Front/Rear Sights, also available with a Quad Rail
MSRP $1,599.00
CA Compliant No
MA Compliant No

My 556R has been GTG so far, just need an Eotech mini to finish it, and repair the folding stock catch (missing parts, it's a design flaw)

Well, after all the caliber changes and poly to metal BS.......
even before that I can buy an AR and a AK for the price of one gun,so the second can be my 300BK.

No,you aren't going to carry all the caliber changes and extras in your backpack. 2 guns would still be lighter.

Cool sh!t though,leave it to sig

Yeah, you are not going to be switching from AR to AK in the field, especially not going to be picking up enemy mags of unknown quality with unknown ammo in them unless you are desparate.

The weight and size of the extra lower to do so would be better spent on carrying extra mags with ammo rather than relying on ammo/mags dropped by someone else.

That said, it is a very modular and versatile platform, I can certainly see how some special forces orgs would like this. I could also see where it would be nice in some SHTF scenarios, I just would not be carrying all the parts, etc. in the field.

I do agree about switching stuff out with regards to cost and weight, but still, there would be some situations where it would be nice to have something like this.

However, OTOH, the cost, the cost (the horror, the horror). ;-)

I wonder if the changeover applies to my SIG556R I just got? Probably not though.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top