JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh yea, that stuff has been going on for decades at different times in different places. Of course it always eventually gets the press attention and everyone gets mad.
Years ago one city up here got into trouble doing it with Canada Geese. We have long had a problem with them here. They get so comfortable they stop migrating and just stay. Make one HUGE damn mess. Of course no matter what people try to do to rid themselves of the problem a bunch of people line up to protest. So one city was trapping them and moving them to another place. Until the media got wind of it :s0140:
When my Male Min-Pin was young and spry he LOVED clearing them. Local ball field would fill with them. I would take him there and as long as no one was there let him off his leash. The birds could probably kick his butt if they tried but that little missal coming at them would scatter them till they would give up and all fly away. I would laugh so hard it hurt watching it. When the last one would fly away he would stand there scanning the sky hoping more would return:s0140:

I tried to watch some show on Netflix I think it was. Some room, had items did magic things. One was a ticket, the one who had it could wave it at so the person they waved it at would vanish. The person would fall out of the sky in some town in TX I think it was. Could not stay with the show but I think about the ticket now and then. Like when I am running off some homeless scum who it's hard to pry out of the place. Was thinking if I could just wave something at them and they would poof to another city? Hell yes!!!:s0140:

Lock and Key???

Lock and Key???
I can't remember now. I started the show because I saw a lot of actors I have seen and liked. One lead was guy who was in Six Feet under. I could only make it through a couple episodes and it lost me. I just keep thinking of having some magic piece of paper I could wave at anyone who was annoying and they would vanish. To find themselves dropped in some little town they had to find their way back from. Of course the poor town would soon get tired of me sending all the annoying scum I run across to them :s0140:

I can't remember now. I started the show because I saw a lot of actors I have seen and liked. One lead was guy who was in Six Feet under. I could only make it through a couple episodes and it lost me.

Hmmmm, the guy that played Dexter? Shows about magic are poopular on Netfux, but I can't remember one that featured Michael C. Hall. "Safe", a Harlan Coben adaptation with Hall as the lead is running now... set in England. Weird to see hear Dexter with an English accent.

Or maybe Freddy Rodriguez from 6' Under.

Locke and Key was a fun little show, but didn't have anybody I'd recognize.

There is always "Supernatural" where they send demons back to hell... that'd be fun!!

:s0104:

IMG_20200920_092201.jpg

Hmmmm, the guy that played Dexter? Shows about magic are poopular on Netfux, but I can't remember one that featured Michael C. Hall. "Safe", a Harlan Coben adaptation with Hall as the lead is running now... set in England. Weird to see hear Dexter with an English accent.

Or maybe Freddy Rodriguez from 6' Under.

Locke and Key was a fun little show, but didn't have anybody I'd recognize.

There is always "Supernatural" where they send demons back to hell... that'd be fun!!
OK, had to go find it again, wrong network. Could not figure out why I could not find it on Net-Flix, it was on Amazon. We have Net-Flix, Amazon, and Hulu so often I forget which one I had on :D
Called The Lost Room. Peter Krause who was on Six Feet Under, and Juliana Margolies were on the cover which is what caught my eye. Looks like I bailed half way through the second episode. Some day if I am over the top bored may turn it on again but it did not hold my attention when I was trying to watch it.

We've just made a change to the way this works (between the time it was implemented Wednesday and just now). Previously, if a member was ignoring you, you wouldn't see their threads and vice versa. A member just brought to my attention the fact that many of our popular megathreads (threads with several hundred posts or more) are created by users, and if that user ignores them they're effectively denied access to that thread.

With the new change threads created by people you ignore or people ignoring you will not be blocked. The first post will be viewable, but subsequent posts by that person will not.

With the new change threads created by people you ignore or people ignoring you will not be blocked. The first post will be viewable, but subsequent posts by that person will not.
This part doesn't seem to be working. I am showing an "Ignored Thread" in off-topic, but I'm not Ignoring any threads. only its creator.

Fair enough.

After a break fromthe site, upon returning I noticed a major a hole from the past has been posting more regularly. I'm certain he is likely ignored by a fairly sizable amount here. I think that speaks volumes. Especially after your letter stating bans might be a good solution to reducing the trolling.

Having him shadow banned because he ignored me, is kind of like saying trolls can still exist...
Maybe there should be an auto ban feature if an individual attains a certain amount of "ignores". That way the system takes care of it as well as the community. Of course, I could be shooting myself in the foot here....:rolleyes: @Joe Link

Good work boss, now it's like they don't exist. Which in a few unfortunate cases is preferable. Just yesterday, I had to press the button for the third time and right away I saw the new feature at work.

After a break from the site, upon returning I noticed a major a hole from the past has been posting more regularly. I'm certain he is likely ignored by a fairly sizable amount here.

I think I know the one you mean. Yes, he may likely be ignored by more than a couple. He's the one who got my third hit yesterday. I don't think he read the boss's latest missive about conduct.

I say remove the ignore feature altogether. "Separate the men from the boys" kinda thing.

I guess I'm a boy then, for using it on rare occasion.

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the change. I was reading a thread and towards the end it wasn't making any sense at all. Then I realized that some posts numbers were missing, so clearly I'm on someone's ignore list. I have a very short ignore list, all for good reason, and out of curiosity I "unignored" my short list and it wasn't that. Clearly I've pissed someone off and have no idea why. That's a little disturbing, but oh well. With the "ignored content" notice, at least you know, and can take a look and say "Oh yeah, that guy..."

This is the first I've noticed it, so I must not be on too many lists. I can only imagine what some of the more contentious members here think when half the thread is missing.

It is interesting reading a response to a post when the quote AND the quoted post are no longer viewable.:rolleyes:
Exactly! You ticked off someone, but you don't even know who or why, and it makes the thread unreadable.

The odd thing about the thread where I noticed it, is that from the context it seems that the posts I can't see are from the OP, whose original post I CAN see. Weird.

Exactly! You ticked off someone, but you don't even know who or why, and it makes the thread unreadable.

The odd thing about the thread where I noticed it, is that from the context it seems that the posts I can't see are from the OP, whose original post I CAN see. Weird.
I know who and I suspect why. Don't think he liked having his idea that creating .300 BLK cases from .223 / 5.56 is stupid challenged. And me quoting what I perceived as a snotty remark he made as demeaning. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top