JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In hopes of reducing conflicts between members, we upgraded the functionality of our ignore feature yesterday afternoon. Those of you who've been asking for this (for years now, I know), it's finally here :)

Old Ignore - Prior to this update, ignoring another member was one-sided: you click the ignore button and content posted by the person you ignored was hidden from your view. The member you put on ignore could still see and respond to your content.

New Ignore - The new ignore works more like a 2-way block feature: one person clicks the ignore button and not only is their content hidden from you, your content is also hidden from them. This includes posts, threads, profiles, conversations, etc. This change is retroactive, so anyone currently on your ignore list is now blocked from viewing your content.

Please let me know if you have any questions :s0155:

In hopes of reducing conflicts between members, we upgraded the functionality of our ignore feature yesterday afternoon. Those of you who've been asking for this (for years now, I know), it's finally here :)

Old Ignore - Prior to this update, ignoring another member was one-sided: you click the ignore button and content posted by the person you ignored was hidden from your view. The member you put on ignore could still see and respond to your content.

New Ignore - The new ignore works more like a 2-way block feature: one person clicks the ignore button and not only is their content hidden from you, your content is also hidden from them. This includes posts, threads, profiles, conversations, etc. This change is retroactive, so anyone currently on your ignore list is now blocked from viewing your content.

Please let me know if you have any questions :s0155:
Can I ignore somebody who ignored me?

Sorry I couldn't resist:)

If a certain member is blocked by say 20 or more members, could we just ban that person?

I see how that can be used improperly, just curious.

Seems like a good tool to rid the site of a holes.

Curious - what DO they see if there is a post in thread that is "hidden." Do they just see a skip in the posts, or a post that says "this post is ignored" or something else? Is it like a glitch in the matrix, or more like a wrinkle in the fabric of time?

If a certain member is blocked by say 20 or more members, could we just ban that person?

Not a good idea imho. I can think of a number of people who could rack up 20 ignores because they don't share common views around here but I don't believe they are a holes.

No, that's what the report button is for :)

So does that mean if someone has Joe on ignore, they won't see this thread?:D

Members can't ignore staff, and staff can't ignore members :s0155:

Curious - what DO they see if there is a post in thread that is "hidden." Do they just see a skip in the posts, or a post that says "this post is ignored" or something else? Is it like a glitch in the matrix, or more like a wrinkle in the fabric of time?

Yep, they'll just see a skip. They might see a quote if an unignored member quotes a member you have on ignore, I'm not sure yet. There are parts of the site where an indicator will be displayed with the content, such as with reviews.

Not a good idea imho. I can think of a number of people who could rack up 20 ignores because they don't share common views around here but I don't believe they are a holes.
20, 30, maybe 50. Hard to say. I think it would be worth looking at. If a member is ignored by a large amount of people here, are they really contributing?

I've tried my best to only contribute gun content to this site lately after discussing the site with Joe a while back.

If your views on guns differ and your getting ignored, that's one thing.

If all you do is post in non gun related posts and you are getting ignored, that's another.

I have one member who I put on ignore years ago, but I was thinking of removing the block as he changed his views and isn't so disagreeable.
Will I be able to see a list of who I have on ignore and will I be able to reverse the block?

The amount of times I've had to use the ignore feature since corona started is amazing. I used it maybe once in the before times. This is a good update.

20, 30, maybe 50. Hard to say. I think it would be worth looking at. If a member is ignored by a large amount of people here, are they really contributing?

I've tried my best to only contribute gun content to this site lately after discussing the site with Joe a while back.

If your views on guns differ and your getting ignored, that's one thing.

If all you do is post in non gun related posts and you are getting ignored, that's another.

While I agree, if it's not in violation of the rules, it doesn't warrant a ban. In that case the ignore button is the proper course of action for those who don't want to see that content.

If it does warrant a ban and the rules don't address it, then we need to have a look at the rules.

I have one member who I put on ignore years ago, but I was thinking of removing the block as he changed his views and isn't so disagreeable.
Will I be able to see a list of who I have on ignore and will I be able to reverse the block?

Yep, the list is still the same, and located in the same spot. You cannot view who has you on ignore.

On desktop click on your account name (upper right hand side of screen) ignoring list is on right side of list that pops up. Click on it and you can see list of people, forums you ignored and unignore them there.

While I agree, if it's not in violation of the rules, it doesn't warrant a ban. In that case the ignore button is the proper course of action for those who don't want to see that content.

If it does warrant a ban and the rules don't address it, then we need to have a look at the rules.

Yep, the list is still the same, and located in the same spot. You cannot view who has you on ignore.
Fair enough.

After a break fromthe site, upon returning I noticed a major a hole from the past has been posting more regularly. I'm certain he is likely ignored by a fairly sizable amount here. I think that speaks volumes. Especially after your letter stating bans might be a good solution to reducing the trolling.

Having him shadow banned because he ignored me, is kind of like saying trolls can still exist...

The amount of times I've had to use the ignore feature since corona started is amazing. I used it maybe once in the before times. This is a good update.
I have zero ignored members on my list. I like to keep an open mind and no member I have encountered here, has been ignore worthy yet. I guess I have a higher tolerance level than some others.

Fair enough.

After a break fromthe site, upon returning I noticed a major a hole from the past has been posting more regularly. I'm certain he is likely ignored by a fairly sizable amount here. I think that speaks volumes. Especially after your letter stating bans might be a good solution to reducing the trolling.

Having him shadow banned because he ignored me, is kind of like saying trolls can still exist...

If a member is breaking the rules, they should be reported via the report button.

If a member isn't necessarily breaking the rules but you (or anyone else) have concerns, feel free to contact me privately :)

Fair enough.

It's good to see you back, I was wondering what happened to you.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top