JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The title says it all. For those of you familiar with iFish, they no longer accept accept classified ads for guns or firearms related items.

I sent them a notice telling them to terminate my account and I encourage others to do the same, if you feel that you can not support a NW bulletin board that does not support responsible firearms ownership and sales.

I wonder if they are trying to make nice with Barry before he cracks the whip on private sales?

Linky: http://www.ifish.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=25

I saw that as well. Guns were the only reason I browsed that site...heck, I even had a few deals through that site. Next thing ya know they will ax the hunting section on their site. I won't be visiting them anymore.

I sent a PM stating that I will not be returning to the site until they reinstate the firearms private sales. They state that they are afraid of a liability lawsuit. I'm pretty sure they are just afraid of having a backbone, or growing a hairy pair.

Who did you send the PM too? I want to make sure they hear from members.

While not the primary reason for joining ifish, it was nice to see local sites that permit the responsible selling of firearms and their "related" items.

I think it's ridiculous to not be permitted to sell chunks of metal or items that are considered related to firearms.

You have to remember Jennie is a die hard liberal. She is very self serving and I-fish is her main source of real income since she and her kids are on welfare. She will kick anyone off of I-fish who doesnt share her points of view. I deleted my account, perhaps if she sells I-fish I might come back. Until then she can take her liberal, tree hugging self and pack sand.......

I just clicked the "contact us" link in the top banner. I sent an ol' fashioned email and posted a post on ifish about the new, stupid regulation change. After a moderator contacted me about removing my post, I told him I was dissatisfied.

May just be temporary

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=245308

04-11-2009, 06:58 AM

Jennie@ifish
AdminiMom

Default Re: Ifish gun sales
It can be, but I don't want to deal with it the day before I leave for vacation.

We have a couple problems. Liability insurance for this and the people to moderate the classifieds so we can sell guns and so we can bring back the ability to respond to others ads.

We need classified moderators, which will not be responsible for other boards, but classifieds, only.

We need a group of volunteers to make this happen, and ifish needs the finances to insure us, and to find out the legalities of what we are doing, for sure.

There are not thousands of sites doing gun sales on forums. They have auctions and require several disclaimers, liability insurance, and the ability to defend ourselves in the event of a mishap.

Anyhow... when I get back... I will deal with this, too. You have no idea how many aspects of ifish there are, and it's really getting too big for my britches! Seriously!

I need help with it.

But, I'm not going there until I get back.

In the meantime, please sign up, via the contact form if you want to be on the classified committee.

Duties for this will include deleting ads for people, making sure any rules that we have be followed, and notes answered, by those with questions.

We can have the best classifieds around, but we need to do it right.

Since the hunting classifieds is mostly guns, we are closing that forum until I get back.

That is one reason why I registered ( and heard about) this site. Don't see a problem with buying or selling guns on a site.
The problem is there are a lot of good guys on that site. People that love hunting and guns and are willing to help with info or whatever.

You have to remember Jennie is a die hard liberal. She is very self serving and I-fish is her main source of real income since she and her kids are on welfare. She will kick anyone off of I-fish who doesnt share her points of view. I deleted my account, perhaps if she sells I-fish I might come back. Until then she can take her liberal, tree hugging self and pack sand.......

That's not the first time I've heard that statement. A friend reminded me about the time she opened up the "hunting" sections. SHe wasn't too thrilled about it but people kept asking for it.

Why does someone whos on welfare, the Oregon health plan and the Oregon trail card, spending OUR tax money to go on vacation and smoke cigarettes while the rest of us work to pay all of our bills? People like Jennie disgust me. Why does she need volunteer moderators? Where is all the money donated for memberships? Ill never donate a penny to her again......

I have been banned by ifish long ago.
I refuse to bow down to anybody and seems her site is full of worshipers and sheep that will do anything they are told.
I (as well as many X members) think her reason for being is money.
Anyone that has read that site very much knows about all the donation drives and strong suggestions to pay a little back to her if you sell anything there.
She is on SSI and the ins that comes with it and for the life of me I will never understand how she is allowed to make any money at all let alone the money she rakes in there and still get the gov help.
One new sponsor once posted (it lasted about 2 minutes but a few people had a chance to read it first) he paid $400 a year to have one small box on one page of her site. Figure what it must cost to have banner and multiple adds there.
Just as an example, she has over 70 paid addvertisers on that site and if you figure at a minimum they pay $400 a year NOT counting donations and all the donated give away gear she gets from those sponsors it adds up to a very good wage.
She claims to only make (pays herself) around $200 a month. I happen to know she does this so she does not go over the limit for SSI. What I don't understand is where all the other money goes as it is apparently unclaimed income or she could not draw SSI and the gov ins she gets.
How do you legally hide that kind of income on a "profit making" business?

She donates large sums of money to nissa and other organizations that are credited to her when the money comes from members and sponsors and she is given the credit for all "her" hard work!
I say all of this to say, the no firearms ban came the first posts from her and her mods said it was because of liability AND one way to "save" it would be , of course, "donations" to pay the insurance!
Ever notice the ONLY meetings and funtions she attends are where she is able to sell her many wares..ifish hats/sweaters/jackets/flags/bergies etc.etc. OR where she is to be given some kind of trumped up award conjured up by and from one of her supporter buddies?
One day a gov agency will dig into her financial situation and she will pay her dues.
ifish is all about money and prestige for her.
Of course there is always the pity poor me posts and hints that she needs this or that and some dupe will get it for her.
Am I bitter? You bet I am and it is because of the dishonesty and lies that she uses and posts after banning a member or closing a thread so members can not say their piece.
I am happy to see this site come online, maybe along with a place to talk/sell/buy firearms it can stand out as the oposite of ifish and be a REAL community that values it's members.

Last Edited:
I don't know if links are permitted here but if an admin/mod will tell me and it is ok I have one website (they do not sell firearms just a bunch of banned ifishers and fishing friends) that have a bunch of info on their public pages that pertain to the injustices of ifish.
Let me know if it is ok, if the admin wants the link to check out I can PM it to you first.

Just want to drop into this thread and remind you guys to keep it clean and refrain from any personal attacks from here on out. Even if the owner isn't a member here we still have a positive image to uphold. Instead, voice your frustrations on the site itself and/or the policies.

I don't know if links are permitted here but if an admin/mod will tell me and it is ok I have one website (they do not sell firearms just a bunch of banned ifishers and fishing friends) that have a bunch of info on their public pages that pertain to the injustices of ifish.
Let me know if it is ok, if the admin wants the link to check out I can PM it to you first.

As long as it's clean that won't be a problem.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top