JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is my minimalist kit which goes with me when I'm in a T-shirt, cargo shorts, and sandals.

View attachment 1012854View attachment 1012855

This is the ankle kit I wear at work, and the one I have with me most often. Because of the potential for a get-home scenario with only what I have on my person at the 'go' moment, I added some sanitation items in case the only restroom access is the local landscaping...

View attachment 1012858View attachment 1012859

This is my most comprehensive kit which I carry on my hunting vest, and take when I go on vacation or into the wilderness, due to the more comprehensive nature of the kit. The items in the tubes are saline for eye wash and Neosporin, and invisible behind the rolled gloves is a nasopharyngeal airway and lube packet, and a comprehensive "boo-boo" kit which includes tweezers and a needle. I think the pouch is the same as that used by the OP.

View attachment 1012860
View attachment 1012861
good call on the sani-wipes

like everything else; context is king. it could very well be that you need a hand held/mini light to look inside a wound or someone's mouth or whatever and you may not wanna get your face down in there. also; a head lamp makes you a SUPER sexy target to a bad guy. Not saying I'm going Urban Commando but its stuff i think about also, at some point I'll own a helmet and while i'll always have a head lamp in the kangaroo pouch i may not have room/time to put it on my head. the reason I DO like your idea is that I may be tossing this IFAK to someone and they may not be super duper skilled/calm etc. In that scenario a headlamp for them is perfect; one less thing for shaky hands to hold. Like "a drum mag you may toss to a newbie in a bad situation b/c they dont have hella "reload the gun under pressure" experience. so give them 60 rounds and maybe they wont have too" sorta logic.
Context makes a big difference, sure. Why not both if weight isn't the killer difference. I was thinking about it myself when reading this thread, and I had the epiphany. I probably need my hands not to be holding a light, and the other thought being, you can always hold a headlamp in your hand and use it as a handheld flashlight just as much, but handless use of a flashlight can be tough or unreliable.

Alright y'all its gonna be a long one.
So I run a few different rigs as far as IFAKs go (my role is a medic so my scope is different but just some food for thought)

IMG_6027[1].JPG
My main Ifac is the NAR eagle IFAK (or whatever's issued), I wear it on my plate carrier in the 7-8 o clock position, I find this is out of the way of what I need to do. I can still get to it if need be but more importantly I have few other TQ's that are readily available should I need them. Remember the IFAK is for other to treat you with so you with. It contains an extra TQ, NPA, NCD, gauze, chest seal, gloves and emergency bandage.

IMG_6030[1].JPG IMG_6031[1].JPG
The IFAK on my belt is more set up as a "throw bag" ie I can toss more readily available medical supplies to someone so they can treat another body while I also work on someone. Really has the same stuff as listed up top. I prefer Ace wraps and gauze (combat or regular) to emergency bandages as I can carry two ace wraps and 2 compressed gauze for the same space as a medium sized emergency bandage. However emergency bandages are easier to use for someone less medically skilled can use (think of it as a long range bolt gun, your average person can make hits but someone that knows what their doing will be more effective)
IMG_6032[1].JPG IMG_6033[1].JPG IMG_6035[1].JPG

Last one is my chest rig that I work out of. I do run one mag up front (others on my side) as having another quick mag is always a good (remember lead down range is good medicine if the signs indicate it) The back pouch on my right hand side is stuffed full of gauze and combat gauze, along with a role of tape (inside the tape it extra gloves and it tied to a loop of 550 cord; ill explain down below) in the larger front pouch is filled chest seals and gloves. In the danger I have NCD's, NPAs, Ace Wraps, a Leatherman Raptor and a Crik kit. I also have 3 tourniquets on the panel along with 2 more on the front of my belt (and one on my Throw pouch) I have resupply in a smaller aid bag as well as more medical equipment for more in depth treatment
The 550 lets me hang my tape so I can use it one handed as well have extra gloves handy, just a trick I figured out by always losing my tape when we practice.

I like this set up but I am constantly tweaking it. If anyone has a better 2 or 3 in one tool that can replace the raptor that would be great. Its a sharp piece of kit but it is heavy. Also the folding mec makes it bulkier then it needs to be. Hope this helps some of you out. Make sure you try your setups out as their is nothing worse then not knowing ow to use your kit or where items are when you need them. I also have a couple more of the Eagle IFAKs if someone is looking to pick one up.

This is my minimalist kit which goes with me when I'm in a T-shirt, cargo shorts, and sandals.

View attachment 1012854View attachment 1012855

This is the ankle kit I wear at work, and the one I have with me most often. Because of the potential for a get-home scenario with only what I have on my person at the 'go' moment, I added some sanitation items in case the only restroom access is the local landscaping...

View attachment 1012858View attachment 1012859

This is my most comprehensive kit which I carry on my hunting vest, and take when I go on vacation or into the wilderness, due to the more comprehensive nature of the kit. The items in the tubes are saline for eye wash and Neosporin, and invisible behind the rolled gloves is a nasopharyngeal airway and lube packet, and a comprehensive "boo-boo" kit which includes tweezers and a needle. I think the pouch is the same as that used by the OP.

View attachment 1012860
View attachment 1012861
How does that ankle rig work out. Ive been debating getting one to augment my car kit.

Alright y'all its gonna be a long one.
So I run a few different rigs as far as IFAKs go (my role is a medic so my scope is different but just some food for thought)

View attachment 1013469
My main Ifac is the NAR eagle IFAK (or whatever's issued), I wear it on my plate carrier in the 7-8 o clock position, I find this is out of the way of what I need to do. I can still get to it if need be but more importantly I have few other TQ's that are readily available should I need them. Remember the IFAK is for other to treat you with so you with. It contains an extra TQ, NPA, NCD, gauze, chest seal, gloves and emergency bandage.

View attachment 1013480View attachment 1013484
The IFAK on my belt is more set up as a "throw bag" ie I can toss more readily available medical supplies to someone so they can treat another body while I also work on someone. Really has the same stuff as listed up top. I prefer Ace wraps and gauze (combat or regular) to emergency bandages as I can carry two ace wraps and 2 compressed gauze for the same space as a medium sized emergency bandage. However emergency bandages are easier to use for someone less medically skilled can use (think of it as a long range bolt gun, your average person can make hits but someone that knows what their doing will be more effective)
View attachment 1013493View attachment 1013494View attachment 1013495

Last one is my chest rig that I work out of. I do run one mag up front (others on my side) as having another quick mag is always a good (remember lead down range is good medicine if the signs indicate it) The back pouch on my right hand side is stuffed full of gauze and combat gauze, along with a role of tape (inside the tape it extra gloves and it tied to a loop of 550 cord; ill explain down below) in the larger front pouch is filled chest seals and gloves. In the danger I have NCD's, NPAs, Ace Wraps, a Leatherman Raptor and a Crik kit. I also have 3 tourniquets on the panel along with 2 more on the front of my belt (and one on my Throw pouch) I have resupply in a smaller aid bag as well as more medical equipment for more in depth treatment
The 550 lets me hang my tape so I can use it one handed as well have extra gloves handy, just a trick I figured out by always losing my tape when we practice.

I like this set up but I am constantly tweaking it. If anyone has a better 2 or 3 in one tool that can replace the raptor that would be great. Its a sharp piece of kit but it is heavy. Also the folding mec makes it bulkier then it needs to be. Hope this helps some of you out. Make sure you try your setups out as their is nothing worse then not knowing ow to use your kit or where items are when you need them. I also have a couple more of the Eagle IFAKs if someone is looking to pick one up.
How much are you asking for the eagle IFAK's?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top