JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20140831_132727.jpg

Cheese grits, biscuts, county ham. Eggs, and some chicory coffee from the Waffel House are etched on on my mind. 4 years competing in Memphis have great memories

Looks like a squared away place. Not being a big seafood eater, I'm always sketched out about eating shellfish at fish houses, which aren't always the most squared away looking places.

Great prices, if it's all good food though. I definitely miss how much cheaper cost of living is down there. Hated pretty much everything else about the south, though. You guys can have it. I'm a yank!

Oh man! Fresh oysters on the half shell......Only $10.99 a dozen!! Around these parts, Portland, you can't even buy oysters in the markets anymore that haven't been "Tanked", in a live well. It takes the wonderful "Ocean" flavor out of the oyster. If you want fresh from the bay oysters on the half shell in a restaurant like Dan & Louis Oyster Bar they'll screw you for $35.00 a dozen, last time I looked.

Oh man! Fresh oysters on the half shell......Only $10.99 a dozen!! Around these parts, Portland, you can't even buy oysters in the markets anymore that haven't been "Tanked", in a live well. It takes the wonderful "Ocean" flavor out of the oyster. If you want fresh from the bay oysters on the half shell in a restaurant like Dan & Louis Oyster Bar they'll screw you for $35.00 a dozen, last time I looked.
Ouch.
The only place I get oysters any more around here is Pacific Oyster in Bay City (just north of Tillamook).. it's mostly a seafood processing plant but it has a café.
Very reasonable and good.

Ouch.
The only place I get oysters any more around here is Pacific Oyster in Bay City (just north of Tillamook).. it's mostly a seafood processing plant but it has a café.
Very reasonable and good.

Or you could run down to Newport and get a bag of fresh ones.
http://www.oregonoyster.com/

Yeah Yeah....I know the places, problem is I hate to drive for four or more hours for a couple dozen "Freshies". I do it a couple times a year though, especially if we're down clamming at Seaside. Ole Bob's in Ilwaco has Willipa Bay. You can still get Neaterts in Garibaldi and Pacific City. And when we take a trip to Florence we get "The Triangle" oysters at Umpqua Aquaculture in Winchester Bay. From my experience ANY fresh oyster is a good oyster!

I hadn't checked Pacific Oyster in Bay City for some time, since I was in there and their "Smalls" were seven days out. Couldn't believe they were still in the counter. ALWAYS check the tag that's required by law to accompany fresh oysters!

Yeah Yeah....I know the places, problem is I hate to drive for four or more hours for a couple dozen "Freshies". I do it a couple times a year though, especially if we're down clamming at Seaside. Ole Bob's in Ilwaco has Willipa Bay. You can still get Neaterts in Garibaldi and Pacific City. And when we take a trip to Florence we get "The Triangle" oysters at Umpqua Aquaculture in Winchester Bay. From my experience ANY fresh oyster is a good oyster!

I hadn't checked Pacific Oyster in Bay City for some time, since I was in there and their "Smalls" were seven days out. Couldn't believe they were still in the counter. ALWAYS check the tag that's required by law to accompany fresh oysters!
I hear you. My Ma lives out yonder though so it's always oysters when I go see her. love the coast
You gotta love a place with like thirty full-time shuckers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top