JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
...and dumping Bank of America!

Full article here

JPMorgan Chase Opens a New Window. CEO Jamie Dimon Opens a New Window. , for example, defended the bank's Opens a New Window. lending to firearm manufacturers and retailers amid criticism that the company failed to adopt a responsible loan policy for the industry following the 2018 shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School.

After that tragedy, which left 17 students and staff dead, Citibank and Bank of America instituted new policies that potential firearm clients must meet, including prohibiting the sale of guns to anyone under the age of 21.

At the hearing at the House Financial Services Committee Opens a New Window. , Rep. Carolyn Maloney pressed Dimon on whether Chase would institute a similar policy given the bank provides "$273 million of loans for manufacturers of military-style firearms."

The New York Democrat also cited Chase's partial ownership of Remington since the gunmaker filed for bankruptcy last year. Remington produced the gun used in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

I do all my banking with Chase. I was a Washington Mutual customer since 16 years old and they bought WAMU. 10 or so years ago. I like them and I'm not going anywhere now!

Thanks for that. I've been looking to ditch Citibank because of their anti gun stance. I may have to put some kind of gun related purchase on the card just once more before I cut it up, just for old time's sake. :) And then of course pay it off before they get any interest out of me.

I did have some issues with them at some point. It was so long ago I don't remember it, so I guess I can give them another try. If it was as bad as your experience I'm sure I'd remember it.
Good Luck! My Bride had an Account there for awhile and when she went to close it out we had nothing but Grief and I mean BIG Time. They wouldn't tells the Final Balance until we closed the Account. They told us it would take a few days to Dot all the i and cross all the Ts but when she went in to get the Final Balance they told her they couldn't be given the Final Balance because we didn't have an Account!!! It took us 6 weeks to get the Final Balance for out Taxes!!! Talk about a run around; that was it.

I also had Hassles with them when I was closing out a Business Account! While I had that Account I when I'm to cash a Insurance Check and they tried to tell me I had to Deposit the Check and wait 3 days for it to Clear!:mad::mad::mad: And the Check was a Cashiers Check drawn on a Chase Account!!!:mad::mad::mad: Go Figure!

I've not had one bit of trouble with my BofA Visa or BofA Debit cards with any of my purchases of guns and gun related items. I've been with BofA for about 40 years and I'll take them over Chase, Citi Bank, Capital One, Wells Fargo or just about any other bank out there for a lot of reasons. There is always going to be someone with a reason to not use a particular company or product... if we listened to all of them nobody would use anybody or buy anything. Just read the bad reviews on Amazon if you want to know what not to buy. ;)

Mike

For those of you who are Veterans or child of a Vet, I highly recommend USAA. No, they don't have any brick and mortar locations in the Northwest, but they have e-deposit using your smartphone or tablet, and they have agreements for Fee-free use of thousands of ATM's including most of US Bank locations. USAA. Check them out!

I've had good luck with Chase, don't forget to mention if your a veteran when dealing with Chase.:)

At least they will never cost me as much as BofA did. Wealth management my azz. F boa...

I worked in banking for 4 years. Left after I was a manager for a switch to teaching.

All banks will have their fans and their haters. I simply recommend people find a bank that works for them and their needs, and costs them nothing to use. If you can't keep your money somewhere for free, I'd recommend banking somewhere else. The second point is that banks are not charities, if you don't follow their rules, expect to have fees.

I still use my Citi card because I get 2% back, when I'm not getting 5% back using my US bank card. Since I never carry a balance, they lose money having me as a customer.

Chase bank are Scumbags!!! They stole our home in 2008 with that subprime mortgage crisis scams all those mortgage companies were doing, they took advantage of millions of people, we were working with them to modify our loan and chase refused to work out an agreement with us even though we were current with our payments, they knew the balloon payment was coming and we couldn't do anything about it.

We got a bad loan as a lot people did during that time, being 1st time buyers we got taken advantage of, The biggest crooks you'll ever deal with are corporate banks. We now only bank with a credit union and a lot happier for it, will never bank with those big banks ever again.

I've used credit union banks for fifty years because they are members owned and offer great rates.

All the big banks would have been bankrupted a decade ago if it weren't for the huge taxpayer bailout and the Fed manipulations that kept them and the stock market afloat. These stock-price driven "Too big to fail banks" are never going to get my business.

I've used credit union banks for fifty years because they are members owned and offer great rates.

All the big banks would have been bankrupted a decade ago if it weren't for the huge taxpayer bailout and the Fed manipulations that kept them and the stock market afloat. These stock-price driven "Too big to fail banks" are never going to get my business.

Our family has delt with BoA for the better part of 3 decades. Not one more cent will be seen form us. We have financed at least a few million dollars of property transactions and business loans with them. No more! Poor communication, poor terms, poor rates, worst of all zero consistency. Maps credit union has earned my family's business on the business and personal side. Maps has been quick, easy, upfront, honest and most of all consistent in dealings. Can't recommend them higher! Got one last commercial property loan with BoA that will need to be refinanced at the end of the summer and maps will bend over backwards to earn our business.

Dimon's answer should have been, "We will provide banking services to any legal business! We will not stop providing banking services to any particular business or industry simply because activists don't like that business or industry!

I've not had one bit of trouble with my BofA Visa or BofA Debit cards with any of my purchases of guns and gun related items. I've been with BofA for about 40 years and I'll take them over Chase, Citi Bank, Capital One, Wells Fargo or just about any other bank out there for a lot of reasons. There is always going to be someone with a reason to not use a particular company or product... if we listened to all of them nobody would use anybody or buy anything. Just read the bad reviews on Amazon if you want to know what not to buy. ;)

Mike

Then you are part of the problem.

Good Luck! My Bride had an Account there for awhile and when she went to close it out we had nothing but Grief and I mean BIG Time. They wouldn't tells the Final Balance until we closed the Account. They told us it would take a few days to Dot all the i and cross all the Ts but when she went in to get the Final Balance they told her they couldn't be given the Final Balance because we didn't have an Account!!! It took us 6 weeks to get the Final Balance for out Taxes!!! Talk about a run around; that was it.

I also had Hassles with them when I was closing out a Business Account! While I had that Account I when I'm to cash a Insurance Check and they tried to tell me I had to Deposit the Check and wait 3 days for it to Clear!:mad::mad::mad: And the Check was a Cashiers Check drawn on a Chase Account!!!:mad::mad::mad: Go Figure!
Weird i have had nothing but great experiences with them. Its even better since i went to private client.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads