JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do agree with the idea of carrying smartly..but carry smartly for you.
What works for others and their situation , may not work for you.

With that said :
A good belt and a well made holster that fits your hand gun and how you carry are two must have items.
Be warned , those items are expensive and you will go through many , to find the ones that work for you.

One other thing to consider :
When you are are out and about , and are doing anything firearm related , you are now representing all gun owners in the eyes of the public.
What you say , do and how you appear , will shape opinion , form an impression , perhaps make the news or become a meme.
Andy

What you say , do and how you appear , will shape opinion , form an impression ,
Very true. And this applies to people NOT carrying as well but it's especially important WHEN carrying.

Unfortunately opinions of 'appearance' when carrying can vary dramatically and what is acceptable to some might not be for others and impart very negative impressions.

Last Edited:
Very true. And this applies to people NOT carrying as well but it's especially important WHEN carrying.

Unfortunately peoples' opinions of 'appearance' when carrying can vary dramatically and what is acceptable to some might not be for others and impart very negative impressions.

Head to toe camo in Walmart???

True story - an FBI friend in Sacramento went to Costco & since it was Summer he didn't wear his jacket but had his badge on his belt. A snotty Costco employee stepped right in front of him & demanded to know if he was on duty because "we only allow on duty police to carry here." He just looked at her & said, "Considering that I'm on call 7/24 yeah - I'm on duty." I always conceal carry at Costco & if they ever want to know what the bulge under my shirt is the answer will be "My insulin pump." If they ask to see it depending on if it's a male or female I'll ask them to see - well you get the idea.

Their business their rules right? That's the beauty of the free market. Shop at businesses that share your values. Sam's Club might be a better fit.

I was in Cabela's on Saturday and saw a dude open-carrying in an OWB, non-retention holster in the small-of-back position with his jacket very conspicuously pulled up and tucked behind the weapon. Not only is small-of-back carry difficult and dangerous on the draw, but it would have been VERY easy for someone to take the gun away and use it on him, and if he needed the gun in a hurry he would likely have grabbed a fistful of jacket when trying to render the proper grip.

Another time in Jerry's Home Improvement, I saw a guy open-carrying strong side with a non-retention OWB holster, and his young daughter up on his shoulders. Again, if someone tried to take his gun his options would be to defend the gun grab, or hang onto his daughter to keep from dropping her on her head. Folks, if you're gonna carry, PLEASE think about what you are doing and make sure you carry smart!
I'm headed off to Arizona in a few days. You should see the plethora of concealed carry, semi concealed carry and open carry in Costco, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Most are not trained and can scare the crap out of you. I saw a fellow two years ago, pull a gun on a Mexican that had driven around his car to get to the gas pump ahead of the gun bearer! This was at Costco. The cops were there in an instant and the reality of what this guy had done hit him like a ton of bricks. There are lots of hate-filled or scared folks packing guns. I don't argue with anyone there. You just don't know who is carrying or what they'll do.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top