JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry concealed 99% of the time now but when I lived in Tualatin I open carried when it was hot. I never got grief from anyone including the Lake O Trader Joe's, Key Bank, my Dentist but got a weird look from the greeters at Cabela's.

I'm due for my annual physical & live in McMinnville but my Doc is across from Portland Adventist Hospital. I was setting up an appointment a few days ago & asked the Nurse if they'd changed their policy regarding concealed carry & she said 'No'. I wouldn't open carry b/c it might make other patients in the waiting room nervous. When I get weighed the Nurse always says, "We'll take off 2 lbs for the clothes & shoes" & my response is "Take off another 2 lbs for my pistol." Whenever I've had to drop trou or get an x-ray, etc they open a drawer in the exam room & lock my gun inside. They're super great people & since most of them are 7th Day Adventists their political leanings are towards the right.

True story - an FBI friend in Sacramento went to Costco & since it was Summer he didn't wear his jacket but had his badge on his belt. A snotty Costco employee stepped right in front of him & demanded to know if he was on duty because "we only allow on duty police to carry here." He just looked at her & said, "Considering that I'm on call 7/24 yeah - I'm on duty." I always conceal carry at Costco & if they ever want to know what the bulge under my shirt is the answer will be "My insulin pump." If they ask to see it depending on if it's a male or female I'll ask them to see - well you get the idea.

I carry concealed 99% of the time now but when I lived in Tualatin I open carried when it was hot. I never got grief from anyone including the Lake O Trader Joe's, Key Bank, my Dentist but got a weird look from the greeters at Cabela's.

I'm due for my annual physical & live in McMinnville but my Doc is across from Portland Adventist Hospital. I was setting up an appointment a few days ago & asked the Nurse if they'd changed their policy regarding concealed carry & she said 'No'. I wouldn't open carry b/c it might make other patients in the waiting room nervous. When I get weighed the Nurse always says, "We'll take off 2 lbs for the clothes & shoes" & my response is "Take off another 2 lbs for my pistol." Whenever I've had to drop trou or get an x-ray, etc they open a drawer in the exam room & lock my gun inside. They're super great people & since most of them are 7th Day Adventists their political leanings are towards the right.

True story - an FBI friend in Sacramento went to Costco & since it was Summer he didn't wear his jacket but had his badge on his belt. A snotty Costco employee stepped right in front of him & demanded to know if he was on duty because "we only allow on duty police to carry here." He just looked at her & said, "Considering that I'm on call 7/24 yeah - I'm on duty." I always conceal carry at Costco & if they ever want to know what the bulge under my shirt is the answer will be "My insulin pump." If they ask to see it depending on if it's a male or female I'll ask them to see - well you get the idea.
Key bank.
Really I don't think it is illegal to carry conciled.
But I don't know about open carry in a bank.
Lol

Last Edited:
Oh yes, definitely need to be aware of what's going on around you and also where you are/plan to be going...which does dictate wether or not I will be carrying or even bringing my pistol on the trip.

And yes I absolutely believe he would be a complete Karen should that situation ever occur hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheesh, here you don't 'have' to have an LTC to carry...in your vehicle, concealed and loaded, under the Motorist Protection Act. Throw a towel over it if you don't have a better system or put it in a bag...

Ya just can't carry on your person.

You are legal to transport it from your residence to your vehicle and back.

Key bank.
Really I don't think it is illegal to carry conciled.
But I don't know about open carry in a bank.
Lol

They never said anything or ever even blinked. Since it's a private company they set their own rules and I've never seen any Federal regulations stating I couldn't open carry. If they'd asked me not to I'd have honored the request.

Trump signed an EO that allows carry on US Army COE property. I believe Hoover Dam is run by them & a couple of years ago I got in line but saw the "No Firearms" sign too late. I was towing a travel trailer & when I got to the inspection site I told the person I had a firearm & that I just wanted to do a U-turn. He agreed but just about at the top of his lungs he yelled, "Weapon!" to another inspector about 150' away and pointed at my truck. A little over the top but who knows, that may have been the highlight of his day.

When I go South for the Winter I'll call them before making any plans to visit.

When I lived in Leavenworth Wa. many years ago the family made a hamburger run to town. Walking through the restaurant I got a few strange looks before I remembered my sidearm. Today they would probably have heart attacks! Leavenworth wasn't so gentrified back then.

PDX,

You're not obligated to answer a question of 'what's that bulge'.

I would be very po'd if asked such a personal/intrusive question. I'm and you're not compelled to answer.

Were I ever asked (and have never been asked in decades of carrying concealed) such a question, I might just say: Proof that I'm happy to see you, then smile and keep walking.

Ding,

Naw, aint gonna be answering with a plausible lie.

Why not?

Because my bulge is 'my' bulge.

I'm not obligated to answer personal questions, but were I feeling my oats, I might answer with a question of my own like: "They know you got outta the home?" Are you a cat or a dog person? Do you like gladiator movies?

No, I won't answer personal questions from strangers nor do I feel any pressure to answer.

They aint the bossa me.

PDX,

You're not obligated to answer a question of 'what's that bulge'.

I would be very po'd if asked such a personal/intrusive question. I'm and you're not compelled to answer.

Were I ever asked (and have never been asked in decades of carrying concealed) such a question, I might just say: Proof that I'm happy to see you, then smile and keep walking.
Omg this makes me want to go buy smaller shirts so I can print really bad. "I'm just happy to see you"

Naw, aint gonna be answering with a plausible lie.
I've never been asked, but personally I like "my business" or "counterweight". I have been asked why I carry from people close to me who know I do. I always say it helps me keep my balance.

Winner for cute: "Communications device, in case I need to reach out and touch someone"

I had a customer in a local store the other day come up and ask quietly, "Did you lose your gun?"

I laughed and said no, I had been out target shooting, came home and left it and forgot to take the holster off!

My Bianchi high rise 1911 holster fits so well I hardly know I have it on!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top