JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry concealed 99% of the time now but when I lived in Tualatin I open carried when it was hot. I never got grief from anyone including the Lake O Trader Joe's, Key Bank, my Dentist but got a weird look from the greeters at Cabela's.

I'm due for my annual physical & live in McMinnville but my Doc is across from Portland Adventist Hospital. I was setting up an appointment a few days ago & asked the Nurse if they'd changed their policy regarding concealed carry & she said 'No'. I wouldn't open carry b/c it might make other patients in the waiting room nervous. When I get weighed the Nurse always says, "We'll take off 2 lbs for the clothes & shoes" & my response is "Take off another 2 lbs for my pistol." Whenever I've had to drop trou or get an x-ray, etc they open a drawer in the exam room & lock my gun inside. They're super great people & since most of them are 7th Day Adventists their political leanings are towards the right.

True story - an FBI friend in Sacramento went to Costco & since it was Summer he didn't wear his jacket but had his badge on his belt. A snotty Costco employee stepped right in front of him & demanded to know if he was on duty because "we only allow on duty police to carry here." He just looked at her & said, "Considering that I'm on call 7/24 yeah - I'm on duty." I always conceal carry at Costco & if they ever want to know what the bulge under my shirt is the answer will be "My insulin pump." If they ask to see it depending on if it's a male or female I'll ask them to see - well you get the idea.

I carry concealed 99% of the time now but when I lived in Tualatin I open carried when it was hot. I never got grief from anyone including the Lake O Trader Joe's, Key Bank, my Dentist but got a weird look from the greeters at Cabela's.

I'm due for my annual physical & live in McMinnville but my Doc is across from Portland Adventist Hospital. I was setting up an appointment a few days ago & asked the Nurse if they'd changed their policy regarding concealed carry & she said 'No'. I wouldn't open carry b/c it might make other patients in the waiting room nervous. When I get weighed the Nurse always says, "We'll take off 2 lbs for the clothes & shoes" & my response is "Take off another 2 lbs for my pistol." Whenever I've had to drop trou or get an x-ray, etc they open a drawer in the exam room & lock my gun inside. They're super great people & since most of them are 7th Day Adventists their political leanings are towards the right.

True story - an FBI friend in Sacramento went to Costco & since it was Summer he didn't wear his jacket but had his badge on his belt. A snotty Costco employee stepped right in front of him & demanded to know if he was on duty because "we only allow on duty police to carry here." He just looked at her & said, "Considering that I'm on call 7/24 yeah - I'm on duty." I always conceal carry at Costco & if they ever want to know what the bulge under my shirt is the answer will be "My insulin pump." If they ask to see it depending on if it's a male or female I'll ask them to see - well you get the idea.
Key bank.
Really I don't think it is illegal to carry conciled.
But I don't know about open carry in a bank.
Lol

Last Edited:
Oh yes, definitely need to be aware of what's going on around you and also where you are/plan to be going...which does dictate wether or not I will be carrying or even bringing my pistol on the trip.

And yes I absolutely believe he would be a complete Karen should that situation ever occur hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheesh, here you don't 'have' to have an LTC to carry...in your vehicle, concealed and loaded, under the Motorist Protection Act. Throw a towel over it if you don't have a better system or put it in a bag...

Ya just can't carry on your person.

You are legal to transport it from your residence to your vehicle and back.

Key bank.
Really I don't think it is illegal to carry conciled.
But I don't know about open carry in a bank.
Lol

They never said anything or ever even blinked. Since it's a private company they set their own rules and I've never seen any Federal regulations stating I couldn't open carry. If they'd asked me not to I'd have honored the request.

Trump signed an EO that allows carry on US Army COE property. I believe Hoover Dam is run by them & a couple of years ago I got in line but saw the "No Firearms" sign too late. I was towing a travel trailer & when I got to the inspection site I told the person I had a firearm & that I just wanted to do a U-turn. He agreed but just about at the top of his lungs he yelled, "Weapon!" to another inspector about 150' away and pointed at my truck. A little over the top but who knows, that may have been the highlight of his day.

When I go South for the Winter I'll call them before making any plans to visit.

When I lived in Leavenworth Wa. many years ago the family made a hamburger run to town. Walking through the restaurant I got a few strange looks before I remembered my sidearm. Today they would probably have heart attacks! Leavenworth wasn't so gentrified back then.

PDX,

You're not obligated to answer a question of 'what's that bulge'.

I would be very po'd if asked such a personal/intrusive question. I'm and you're not compelled to answer.

Were I ever asked (and have never been asked in decades of carrying concealed) such a question, I might just say: Proof that I'm happy to see you, then smile and keep walking.

Ding,

Naw, aint gonna be answering with a plausible lie.

Why not?

Because my bulge is 'my' bulge.

I'm not obligated to answer personal questions, but were I feeling my oats, I might answer with a question of my own like: "They know you got outta the home?" Are you a cat or a dog person? Do you like gladiator movies?

No, I won't answer personal questions from strangers nor do I feel any pressure to answer.

They aint the bossa me.

PDX,

You're not obligated to answer a question of 'what's that bulge'.

I would be very po'd if asked such a personal/intrusive question. I'm and you're not compelled to answer.

Were I ever asked (and have never been asked in decades of carrying concealed) such a question, I might just say: Proof that I'm happy to see you, then smile and keep walking.
Omg this makes me want to go buy smaller shirts so I can print really bad. "I'm just happy to see you"

Naw, aint gonna be answering with a plausible lie.
I've never been asked, but personally I like "my business" or "counterweight". I have been asked why I carry from people close to me who know I do. I always say it helps me keep my balance.

Winner for cute: "Communications device, in case I need to reach out and touch someone"

I had a customer in a local store the other day come up and ask quietly, "Did you lose your gun?"

I laughed and said no, I had been out target shooting, came home and left it and forgot to take the holster off!

My Bianchi high rise 1911 holster fits so well I hardly know I have it on!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top