JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hadn't heard that. I do think that by concealing I am more likely to be able to get a good opportunity to respond with force. If I am open carrying, and it is noticed by the criminal, then they will definitely keep their eyes on me or possibly confront me first before others.
Yep you will be the first person shot probably.

1) "I keep my pants buttoned up myself."
When I order shorts I have to make sure they're long enough.

2) "You mean the potato?"
Remember - the potato goes in front!

3) OC vs. CC
If I am going to need my sidearm for serious social work, I would prefer its presence to be a surprise to the Orc.
It's best if the entity presenting the threat doesn't realize you have a piece until impact of the 2nd round.
It doesn't concern me too much if my shirt rides up enough to expose the bottom of the holster when I reach for something on a high shelf.
OTOH, a big pistol in SWAT type thigh holster looks kinda really mall ninja. If the situation were such that people were carrying long guns, then a service size pistol would complete the ensemble.

To whomever it may concern:

When did it become verboten to post opinions and advice here???

Yes, you do you... but the vast majority of comments that I have read on the subject of OC vs CC have been in response to someone asking for such advice/opinions and were not done in a manner that was "telling" someone what to do.

Now, can we please get back to 9mm vs .45ACP??? :p

back to the topic at hand.

Personally I open carry when practical as the great state of Washington has decided that I don't need an appointment for fingerprints for my cpl application until December the 29th which means it will be well into 2021 before I can legally conceal.

My experiences so far with open carry are you do get looked at quite a bit. Also you have to get used to loading and unloading your firearm safely, rapidly and discretely every time you get into or out of a car.

This is important to note as you can be sited for causing "a public panic" or be claimed to be "threatening/intimidating". In short it's a freaking headache/nightmare, all these hoops to jump through for the "right" to protect myself with the best tool I have available....

Honestly if I had the option I would much rather conceal, but such are the cards I have been dealt.

To coin a phrase, size matters.
If your packin a larger frame thats 1 thing. Packin a Compact or Sub Compact not so much.
Very true. I carry OWB but wear a loose button up shirt over the top. It doesnt fully conceal it as the bottom of the holster just barely pokes out and I am sure I am printing a slight amount on the side, but it is much more comfortable for me.

I believe the choice is just what ever makes you more comfortable. IWB holsters hurt my hips because I dont have a lot of meat on my bones. Plus I carry a model 59. Full size and IWB doesnt mix well for me. I also havent found a compact or sub compact that I find comfortable to hold. Cant stand my hand hanging off the bottom of the grip.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top