If You're Gonna Carry, Please Carry Smart!

EPS

Reactions
Cabela's is good for entertainment. Saw this a few years ago at Cabela's in Marysville. So much for "concealed means concealed".

View attachment 750009
But come on Bro.
Got to get with the program tight bicycle shirt with matching shoes.
Yeh that's cool LOL.

Last edited:

EPS

Reactions
Hadn't heard that. I do think that by concealing I am more likely to be able to get a good opportunity to respond with force. If I am open carrying, and it is noticed by the criminal, then they will definitely keep their eyes on me or possibly confront me first before others.
Yep you will be the first person shot probably.

Reactions
1) "I keep my pants buttoned up myself."
When I order shorts I have to make sure they're long enough.

2) "You mean the potato?"
Remember - the potato goes in front!

3) OC vs. CC
If I am going to need my sidearm for serious social work, I would prefer its presence to be a surprise to the Orc.
It's best if the entity presenting the threat doesn't realize you have a piece until impact of the 2nd round.
It doesn't concern me too much if my shirt rides up enough to expose the bottom of the holster when I reach for something on a high shelf.
OTOH, a big pistol in SWAT type thigh holster looks kinda really mall ninja. If the situation were such that people were carrying long guns, then a service size pistol would complete the ensemble.

bbbass

Reactions
To whomever it may concern:

When did it become verboten to post opinions and advice here???

Yes, you do you... but the vast majority of comments that I have read on the subject of OC vs CC have been in response to someone asking for such advice/opinions and were not done in a manner that was "telling" someone what to do.

Now, can we please get back to 9mm vs .45ACP??? :p

back to the topic at hand.

Personally I open carry when practical as the great state of Washington has decided that I don’t need an appointment for fingerprints for my cpl application until December the 29th which means it will be well into 2021 before I can legally conceal.

My experiences so far with open carry are you do get looked at quite a bit. Also you have to get used to loading and unloading your firearm safely, rapidly and discretely every time you get into or out of a car.

This is important to note as you can be sited for causing “a public panic” or be claimed to be “threatening/intimidating”. In short it’s a freaking headache/nightmare, all these hoops to jump through for the “right” to protect myself with the best tool I have available....

Honestly if I had the option I would much rather conceal, but such are the cards I have been dealt.

Reactions
To coin a phrase, size matters.
If your packin a larger frame thats 1 thing. Packin a Compact or Sub Compact not so much.
Very true. I carry OWB but wear a loose button up shirt over the top. It doesnt fully conceal it as the bottom of the holster just barely pokes out and I am sure I am printing a slight amount on the side, but it is much more comfortable for me.

I believe the choice is just what ever makes you more comfortable. IWB holsters hurt my hips because I dont have a lot of meat on my bones. Plus I carry a model 59. Full size and IWB doesnt mix well for me. I also havent found a compact or sub compact that I find comfortable to hold. Cant stand my hand hanging off the bottom of the grip.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom