JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would draw hoping to stop it, but I wouldn't shoot unless I saw a weapon. Maybe that's the wrong thing to do, I don't know. Some of these high school kids are too stupid to know what's good for them. Personally, I was fearless at that age.

This reminds me of the guy in NV who shot up a Denny's w/ an AK. A guy in the parking lot watched the gunman walk in to the restaurant, rifle exposed. The witness was packing a pistol but didn't do anything to stop him.

A guy tried that once with his 45 and the bullets were stopped by the AK wielder's soft armor. The shooter then turned and mowed the 45 guy down

I would draw hoping to stop it, but I wouldn't shoot unless I saw a weapon. Maybe that's the wrong thing to do, I don't know. Some of these high school kids are too stupid to know what's good for them. Personally, I was fearless at that age.

This reminds me of the guy in NV who shot up a Denny's w/ an AK. A guy in the parking lot watched the gunman walk in to the restaurant, rifle exposed. The witness was packing a pistol but didn't do anything to stop him.

Morally obligated? Yes, you could make a compelling argument for intervention. Legally obligated? Nope.

It all comes down to Ability, Opportunity and Jeopardy. If you can prove that there was AOJ, or that you had GOOD reason to believe that a life was in serious danger, then you would likely prevail in court. Personally, I would take the chance if I had to, in order to save the kid's life.

It all comes down to Ability, Opportunity and Jeopardy. If you can prove that there was AOJ, or that you had GOOD reason to believe that a life was in serious danger, then you would likely prevail in court. Personally, I would take the chance if I had to, in order to save the kid's life.

I agree with this one 100%.
I seen were someone said they would display there firearm to scare them away, are you kidding me? You had better dam well be ready to use that firearm if you pull it out. I sure as hell don't carry my gun to "scare" people. If there is someone threatning the life of another person they they sure as hell are going to be removed from the gene pool if I can help it especially if it is a child they are threatning.

If sombody doesn't step up and do something to the kids that did this then were do you think those kids will end up in the next 5-10 years. Grow a sack and do something, this isn't show and tell we are adults.

I don't know why I bother except I have the free time

I pulled a HANDGUN each time to ward off mass attack. One was a pair of illegal alien serial killers who had been terrorizing a back HWY for months with a sawed off shotgun, they tried to run me off the road over a 10 mile stretch until I presented my 6 inch nickel M19 .357.. They did not fire, I assume because they were hoping to get at my lady, who was also packing a .38 S & W. They were arrested by the Cali HWY patrol 2 weeks later and their pics were in the Sacramento Bee newspaper. Another was a crazed white meth head type gang of 4 freaks who were threatening to rape my wife and sister until I intervened with a gun. My wife drew her magnum at that point and backed me up. The 3rd time we were sunbathing on a nice remote Sacramento River beach when a 6 pack of illegal alien types on the far bank started yelling how they were going to come over and rape my lovely wife.. they began to swim over until the 2 remaining on the far shore yelled at them that I had drawn my PP 32 and was standing in the shallows awaiting them as my gal evacuated to the car. It was pretty comical as the second they stopped swimming the center current carried them back away into a far tangle of branches on the shore

There were other situations where I had to draw, those are just the mass attack defenses :s0112:

Is your wife's name Helen? Is she from Troy? Sure sounds men can't control themselves around her.

If the kid was already on fire you've got to help him get the fire snuffed out first. If he wasn't on fire you'll have to make the case they were about to set him on fire, and that is a dicey proposition, esp if you just stumbled upon the scene unaware. A lot of guys can't shoot without a scope, how well can they see a Bic?

If they were trying to set me on fire personally, or my wife, I would shoot and make my case, and even happily go to jail over it. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to set the perpetrators on fire so they could know what it feels like, but I hope I never run into a situation like this.. And I stand pat I'd draw and shout for their attention first, before I pulled the trigger.

I just read the posts, not the whole story. But I didn't see what kind of container the gas was carried in. It may or may not have been obvious as to what was going on when the situation was approached. this may have been a tougher call than everyone might think.

I just read the posts, not the whole story. But I didn't see what kind of container the gas was carried in. It may or may not have been obvious as to what was going on when the situation was approached. this may have been a tougher call than everyone might think.

So it would have been a tougher call if the gas was carried in a Hello Kitty lunchbox?

I believe in right and wrong not legalities and CYA. I'd dispatch those involved using the doctrine of ferocity and speed in offense. Once all targets were cleared I would put out the fire and provide first aid and stabilize the victim. He would most likely be going in to shock. Once the victim was stabilized and there were no threats in my area I would place my weapons on the ground unloaded and prepare to surrender.

I would undoubtedly be branded a racist vigilanty but I could sleep at night knowing I did the right thing. My goal is not to be of this world but to live in it by rules greater than the trash that currently makes the rules.

I believe in right and wrong not legalities and CYA. I'd dispatch those involved using the doctrine of ferocity and speed in offense. Once all targets were cleared I would put out the fire and provide first aid and stabilize the victim. He would most likely be going in to shock. Once the victim was stabilized and there were no threats in my area I would place my weapons on the ground unloaded and prepare to surrender.

I would undoubtedly be branded a racist vigilanty but I could sleep at night knowing I did the right thing. My goal is not to be of this world but to live in it by rules greater than the trash that currently makes the rules.

Do not give first aid.. two good reasons.

Blood borne disease

Liability if the perp dies

My motto: Just let nature take it's course

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR