JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ah, so you know what gas looks like being pored on someone? Or you would have shot them after conducting the act, then full knowing it was an accelerant?

I would LOVE to know how you can tell gas from water. I would also love to know even more-so how you will explain this to a jury since you just shot two black 16 year olds...

Unless you were specifically involved in the situation (i.e. you were walking the kid home since he had death threats made against him), could smell the gas and knew their intent THEN I would suggest the gun as an option. Even then I would simply use the firearm to ward away the attackers and not to shoot a couple kids because I saw a lighter and smelled gas.

Again, not all case of self defense are clear-cut, black and white.

Would you shoot two guys wrestling around with a knife? Who would you shoot? How close would you get to do it?

These kids would have had to have been very close to each other to do this. Unless they were spraying gas on him from a squirt gun, I doubt they would have even been clear enough from the victim to even shoot in the first place.

Reasonable man doctrine applies here

You gotta realize they were a gang and followed him home saying that he had it coming because he was white.. premeditation and a clear running danger..if I saw a gas can or anything that looked like it the hardware would come out and they would run. If not I would have no problem punching their tickets

You know this from the article. Most likely you wouldn't know this right at the moment. Have to agree with you though ... if I am seeing two guys with a gas can chasing a guy, perhaps dumping gas on them, the pistol is coming out. Personally, I would feel a moral obligation to stop a potential murder.

I doubt I could have shot them before they set the kid on fire since I would have had a hard time explaining why I felt deadly force was justified. Afterwards my concern would be seeing to the victim and making sure he suffered no additional harm than necessary. I could not shoottthe fleeing attackers because at that point I would not be acting as a protector. I would be acting as an executioner.

I tend to avoid areas and situations to where I might need a gun in the first place. How about you, pal?

A truly arrogant and ignorant comment. You obviously know nothing about the real USA today and think your ivory tower will save you. It won't, they will come to you

With you on this. What is a mass attack defense? And a piece of what was presented? A piece as in a gun? Pizza? Pie?

I don't know why I bother except I have the free time

I pulled a HANDGUN each time to ward off mass attack. One was a pair of illegal alien serial killers who had been terrorizing a back HWY for months with a sawed off shotgun, they tried to run me off the road over a 10 mile stretch until I presented my 6 inch nickel M19 .357.. They did not fire, I assume because they were hoping to get at my lady, who was also packing a .38 S & W. They were arrested by the Cali HWY patrol 2 weeks later and their pics were in the Sacramento Bee newspaper. Another was a crazed white meth head type gang of 4 freaks who were threatening to rape my wife and sister until I intervened with a gun. My wife drew her magnum at that point and backed me up. The 3rd time we were sunbathing on a nice remote Sacramento River beach when a 6 pack of illegal alien types on the far bank started yelling how they were going to come over and rape my lovely wife.. they began to swim over until the 2 remaining on the far shore yelled at them that I had drawn my PP 32 and was standing in the shallows awaiting them as my gal evacuated to the car. It was pretty comical as the second they stopped swimming the center current carried them back away into a far tangle of branches on the shore

There were other situations where I had to draw, those are just the mass attack defenses :s0112:

Only thing you could really do is after the fact, toss your jacket over the kid and roll him around in the grass to try and put him out.

First you have to get rid of the two perps with the gas and the lighter. I'm not wading into that mess until the perps are down. How is gas and a lighter any different from knives if they just stabbed the guy?

I'm taking the perps out fast so I can get to the victim with my jacket fast. Time is everything here. He's on fire, desperately needs my help, and wading in puts me in danger. Let God sort it out.

Made me think how many people carry a gas can with water in it I mean it happens but how often.
All in all a very sad thing to happen. For some reason it reminds me of the crap nazi Germany did during ww2.

I would draw hoping to stop it, but I wouldn't shoot unless I saw a weapon. Maybe that's the wrong thing to do, I don't know. Some of these high school kids are too stupid to know what's good for them. Personally, I was fearless at that age.

This reminds me of the guy in NV who shot up a Denny's w/ an AK. A guy in the parking lot watched the gunman walk in to the restaurant, rifle exposed. The witness was packing a pistol but didn't do anything to stop him.

I would draw hoping to stop it, but I wouldn't shoot unless I saw a weapon. Maybe that's the wrong thing to do, I don't know. Some of these high school kids are too stupid to know what's good for them. Personally, I was fearless at that age.

This reminds me of the guy in NV who shot up a Denny's w/ an AK. A guy in the parking lot watched the gunman walk in to the restaurant, rifle exposed. The witness was packing a pistol but didn't do anything to stop him.

How is a gas can and a lighter not a dangerous weapon, especially if it's being used on someone? How do you lack the right to defend that victim? How do two guys with the gas and lighter not present a danger of death or serious bodily harm to you or others (the victim) if you wade in to help the burning victim?

To me this is a no-brainer unless the perps were running away already.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top