Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

If you think your "not that sick" listen to your wife

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dyjital, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I almost didn't and just about refused going to the Urgent Care last night.

I assume that after Sunday/Monday/Tuesday's fever I had some extra phlegm in my lungs and it just needed to come out.

I say fever: 102+/- 1 degree.. for all those days.

I was having issues walking up the stairs to the apartment. Short of breath. Typical man response: "it will get better...... "

So fast forward to Wednesday night at 7:30pm.
    My wife calls her mother and asks:: "Can you come over and watch our son I'm taking my husband into the Urgent Care.."
    Guess I had no choice.

Fastforward to the drive home:

Pneumonia. 1/2 of left lung was full of crap. Dr. and wife both said it was a good thing that I came in when I did. Who knows what another two/three days would have done... Not being a Doctor but after looking at the x-rays my chest looked like it had 1 and 1/2 lungs. big black void where one should have been.

Lesson I learned?
    "If your wife is a nursing student, you probably should listen to her and not be so stubborn."

2. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

That sums it up in a nutshell.

3. Ballistic

Ballistic Salem, Oregon Active Member

My wife always sends me to the doctor long before i think i should go. She's always been right; now i don't argue and just do it.

4. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Glad that you listened. Our better halves are named that for a good reason! :thumbup: