Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

If you think your "not that sick" listen to your wife

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dyjital, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I almost didn't and just about refused going to the Urgent Care last night.

I assume that after Sunday/Monday/Tuesday's fever I had some extra phlegm in my lungs and it just needed to come out.

I say fever: 102+/- 1 degree.. for all those days.

I was having issues walking up the stairs to the apartment. Short of breath. Typical man response: "it will get better...... "

So fast forward to Wednesday night at 7:30pm.
    My wife calls her mother and asks:: "Can you come over and watch our son I'm taking my husband into the Urgent Care.."
    Guess I had no choice.

Fastforward to the drive home:

Pneumonia. 1/2 of left lung was full of crap. Dr. and wife both said it was a good thing that I came in when I did. Who knows what another two/three days would have done... Not being a Doctor but after looking at the x-rays my chest looked like it had 1 and 1/2 lungs. big black void where one should have been.

Lesson I learned?
    "If your wife is a nursing student, you probably should listen to her and not be so stubborn."

2. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

That sums it up in a nutshell.

3. Ballistic

Ballistic Salem, Oregon Active Member

My wife always sends me to the doctor long before i think i should go. She's always been right; now i don't argue and just do it.

4. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Glad that you listened. Our better halves are named that for a good reason! :thumbup: