1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

IF YOU THINK we've had enough

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Jamie6.5, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

And you are worried that the president (or congress) might suspend your liberties. If so, give the following links a read. They deal with executive orders signed by various presidents. Given that firearms are the key to an individual's liberty, think about what you are willing to go without in order to keep them. Even if no order is written that says you must surrender your guns, think about the gov't withholding necessities until you do.

The blue numbers shown in the quoted text are for the footnotes at the bottom of the page in the second link.

Which president wrote them, signed/implemented them are here:

From the footnotes:
    Now, tell me again who your favorite president is/was?

Now GWB was FAR from my favorite president, but what he did was peanuts compared to what these guys implemented.
    And ironically, they are the ones that granted him the power to do what he did!!

Curiously few conservative leaders are mentioned. All are liberal/progressive except Nixon,... Who was just a power mad crook,... Despite what he claimed :D
  2. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

And if you REALLY WANT TO KNOW who the bad guy was, read part one of the link above.

And to think round 2 of the Clinton dynasty is now the secretary of state, negotiating treaties on our behalf!!
  3. Randini

Randini Salem Member

I agree all these executive orders are just to take control over us, it makes no sense to take over the news media, and those that control the food will control the people, give us your guns and you'll get some food....big time SHTF.
  4. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

Where in the Constitution does it give the power to any president or other government employee to declare an "Emergency" and then suspend all Rights enumerated in the Constitution? Thomas Jefferson said the the purpose of the Constitution was to CHAIN UP the goverment and to protect us individuals. But, "Executive Orders" are used to over-ride the Constitution and to trample on the people. A Constitution that cannot protect us from the whims of a president is about as useful as second hand toilet paper!
  5. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

Effective illustration, yes, but nasty. :thumbup:
  6. Randini

Randini Salem Member

One of the big issues I have read about that have to do with people that quote the Constitution is they are now looked at as potential threats by our own goverment!!
    going as far as calling them home grown terrorists.
    and I have to wonder if they monitor forums like this one?
  7. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Ya wanna know what "they" think check this out, scary. Go read the whole thing....

— (U//FOUO) Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans
    likely would attract new members into the ranks of rightwing extremist groups,
    as well as potentially spur some of them to begin planning and training for
    violence against the government. The high volume of purchases and
    stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by rightwing extremists in anticipation
    of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary
    concern to law enforcement.

— (U//FOUO) Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are
    attractive to rightwing extremists. DHS/I&A is concerned that rightwing
    extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to
    boost their violent capabilities.

(U//LES) Rightwing extremists are harnessing this historical election as a recruitment
    tool. Many rightwing extremists are antagonistic toward the new presidential
    administration and its perceived stance on a range of issues, including immigration and
    citizenship, the expansion of social programs to minorities, and restrictions on firearms ownership and use.

(U//FOUO) Paralleling the current national climate, rightwing extremists during the
    1990s exploited a variety of social issues and political themes to increase group visibility
    and recruit new members. Prominent among these themes were the militia movement’s
    opposition to gun control efforts, criticism of free trade agreements (particularly those
    with Mexico), and highlighting perceived government infringement on civil liberties as
    well as white supremacists’ longstanding exploitation of social issues such as abortion,
    inter-racial crimes, and same-sex marriage. During the 1990s, these issues contributed to
    the growth in the number of domestic rightwing terrorist and extremist groups and an
    increase in violent acts targeting government facilities, law enforcement officers, banks,
    and infrastructure sectors.

(U) Economic Hardship and Extremism
    (U//FOUO) Historically, domestic rightwing extremists have feared, predicted, and
    anticipated a cataclysmic economic collapse in the United States. Prominent
    antigovernment conspiracy theorists have incorporated aspects of an impending
    economic collapse to intensify fear and paranoia among like-minded individuals and to
    attract recruits during times of economic uncertainty. Conspiracy theories involving
    declarations of martial law, impending civil strife or racial conflict, suspension of the
    U.S. Constitution, and the creation of citizen detention camps often incorporate aspects of
    a failed economy. Antigovernment conspiracy theories and “end times” prophecies could
    motivate extremist individuals and groups to stockpile food, ammunition, and weapons.
    These teachings also have been linked with the radicalization of domestic extremist
    individuals and groups in the past, such as violent Christian Identity organizations and extremist members of the militia movement.

(U//FOUO) Many rightwing extremist groups perceive recent gun control legislation as a
    threat to their right to bear arms and in response have increased weapons and ammunition
    stockpiling, as well as renewed participation in paramilitary training exercises. Such activity, combined with a heightened level of extremist paranoia, has the potential to facilitate criminal activity and violence.

— (U//FOUO) During the 1990s, rightwing extremist hostility toward government was fueled by the implementation of restrictive gun laws—such as the Brady Law
    that established a 5-day waiting period prior to purchasing a handgun and the
    1994 Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act that limited the sale of
    various types of assault rifles—and federal law enforcement’s handling of the
    confrontations at Waco, Texas and Ruby Ridge, Idaho.

— (U//FOUO) On the current front, legislation has been proposed this year
    requiring mandatory registration of all firearms in the United States. Similar
    legislation was introduced in 2008 in several states proposing mandatory tagging
    and registration of ammunition. It is unclear if either bill will be passed into law;
    nonetheless, a correlation may exist between the potential passage of gun control
    legislation and increased hoarding of ammunition, weapons stockpiling, and
    paramilitary training activities among rightwing extremists.

(U//FOUO) Open source reporting of wartime ammunition shortages has likely spurred
    rightwing extremists—as well as law-abiding Americans—to make bulk purchases of
    ammunition. These shortages have increased the cost of ammunition, further
    exacerbating rightwing extremist paranoia and leading to further stockpiling activity.
    Both rightwing extremists and law-abiding citizens share a belief that rising crime rates
    attributed to a slumping economy make the purchase of legitimate firearms a wise move
    at this time.

(U//FOUO) Weapons rights and gun-control legislation are likely to be hotly contested
    subjects of political debate in light of the 2008 Supreme Court’s decision in District of
    Columbia v. Heller in which the Court reaffirmed an individual’s right to keep and bear
    arms under the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, but left open to debate the
    precise contours of that right. Because debates over constitutional rights are intense, and
    parties on all sides have deeply held, sincere, but vastly divergent beliefs, violent
    extremists may attempt to co-opt the debate and use the controversy as a radicalization
  8. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

So we have red neocons and blue neocons. They all work for the same international bankers.
  9. sillyrabbit

sillyrabbit Salem, Oregon Member

You question whether "they" might be monitoring this site?
    Possibly you've followed "some" of the comments on here recently (particularly since a cetain leader is loosing popularity and trying to take total control)?
    IMHO.... There are members here that are so left/progressive they can only be monitors or at least info gathers of one kid or another.

You may recall recently there was a thread and a certain member started "explaining his (very liberal) views" he got identified and lambasted...... you might recall the thread and members name..... anyway, he hasn't returned that I've seen?

So? think we're not being monitored? I believe we should think again!

Should we stop our discussions politically or otherwise? Certainly NOT, but should we at a minimum, consider we just might be being observed, notes written and names taken?
    Remember.... "we that support and quote the Constitution are homegrown terrorists....

But then I've always been:

"A Right Wing-Home Grown-Constitution Quoting-USA Loving-Flag Waving-Gun Toting-Country Defending-God Loving-Proud American Citizen" (Oh Well, I'm bad :) i guess)
  10. Randini

Randini Salem Member

I think I know who you're referring to, I had no problem with the views they had, I did have a hard time following the presentation, I would like to think there is room here for all but the rules are posted, I will admit I never have had a good understanding of the right wing left wing something I need to dig in and research.
  11. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

I think it's very likely they do monitor sites like these. To what end, I dont know or pretend to even, but its definitely in their best interests to know Average Joe Schmoe citizens current opinion.

Here is a bit of example of just that........Link

12. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

After the bombing of the Federal Building in Oklahoma City during the 90's, a lot of people thought it had all the earmarks of an Islamic terrorist group. However, President Clinton said something to the effect that we should not rush into judgement, that we had to be sure before we did anything. He urged us to have patience and show restraint. However, when it was ruled to be a homegrown attack, Clinton went ballistic! He said he was going to start keeping tabs on All people on the Right. He was going to monitor talk radio and letters to the editor. The hatred he spewed out against his "ENEMIES" was something to see! There was no internet like today at that time or pro-gun bloggers would also have been on his hit list. So, today, if you DID NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA BIN LADEN, you are cosidered an enemy of America!
  13. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

14. Randini

Randini Salem Member

So given the MAN is watching what we say and in the classifies were most post "I'll take it" on our firearm buying and selling is there an issue? I cant remember at registration if our personal info is encrypted.
  15. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

We're not worth being individually "watched." We're the unwashed masses who simply need to be entertained and distracted while those who control money and power continue with their plans. Proposed gun control legislation is always a win for them. If it passes, hey great. If not, at least it kept us preoccupied and focused on something else for a while.