JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good story, thank you for sharing. I have a Schlage keypad lock <broken link removed> Plymouth Keypad Deadbolt and even lock it for a trip to the garbage can or mailbox.

Thanks for sharing your experience and I appreciate the attitude of lessons learned.

Last Edited:
We are soon to live in a far more rural setting and our security will be similar.. BTW a good dog can detect invaders long before you will.. we rescue Rotties so we have that covered. If your wife had such a gardening pal the joker would not have been able to escape

I will never open the front door to step outside out there without a major caliber handgun on my person, with reloads, cell phone and a suitable long gun, not to mention the canines

How are those rotties working out?????

How are those rotties working out?????

We have only one now, our jester half sized male.. funny little guy. Every night he is the class clown and makes us laugh. Hope to rescue another female this winter, only need to clear some space after having laid out a temporary shop in the garage, I still have to reorganize things that were moved. Love Rotties!

Once the castle is done with heated kennels we will rescue and place more of them in good homes

Here in N.E. PDX, we are blessed with dignity village, a city/county permitted permanent homeless camp. Been there years now. I am sure that in the minds of the local goverment that camp and it's residents are just as legitimate as my home and family! A few years ago a complete mental wipeout was pushing his bottle/loot cart past the house (we were on his regular route) and decided that he had to urinate,so he just stops, whips it out and let's go. This guy is leaning on his cart in the middle of the street doin his business and he is so befuddled that when I asked him if he wanted to meet my Rottweilers he just looks in my general direction. Now, he can't see me and I'm right in front of him, ten feet away! The dogs, growling bloody murder, seemed to register and he just drops his crank and slowly shuffles on. I like to think that upon realization of his hangin' out he had a flesh/zipper malfunction of biblical proportions!

PS: We, and a lot of our neighbors have lost outdoor furniture ! Nice to know that we helped with the camps decor! We lock everything! Lawn furniture have substantial chains and I'm always armed. They do give Lilly (Bull Mastif) a wide berth!

Get metal lawn furniture and a electric fence box. Wire the furniture to the box and turn it on when not in use.
Put a camera on it to capture the ensuring fun.....oh, and please do share.

Wish that people where I am would learn how to train them to quit yapping all the time.
Makes me wish I had a pet bobcat to scare them with.

If they are bothering you use crate training. All our Rotties have crates and they like that they have a place that is all their own.. wild dogs half hibernate in underground dens so it's natural. Place the crates in the quietest part of the house (Like a walk in closet, etc)

Now if a guy was to say... detain one of these people,kinda, and have a nice talk with them.A little sit down. Hey feed them a lunch and do some essplanin' what might become of a no gooder around these parts. Here have some more taters,another burger?

Problem with the news guys is they fall victim to the bleeding heart BS and will make it like you hate the poor souls.
They don't understand the mentality of the homeless. Kind of hunter-gatherer with out the killing,just stealing/gathering.Not that the killing may be an option for them.
I had some visiting my neighbor at the RV park in Lakewood, (rat hole). When I figured out he was harassing my dogs that hated him,I had a little talk. OK I don't have little talks,I do the talking.
Anyway,he says they are people too!
Fine be a person..and a thief... somewhere else.

The thief part
Remember to tell anyone defending them these folks,the homeless 'pukes' don't have money,there fore they must steal to get most thing they need. And no,I'm not calling all homeless 'pukes',just the thievin' ones

And K-9s for sure. My rot mix love everyone after the fact but always had to check everyone out first and of curse bark like she would eat them.
I tell ya.some of my neighbors at my house in Tacoma wouldn't come in my yard ,with me there.
Very few bad guys like dogs.Too much risk

If they are bothering you use crate training. All our Rotties have crates and they like that they have a place that is all their own.. wild dogs half hibernate in underground dens so it's natural. Place the crates in the quietest part of the house (Like a walk in closet, etc)

These are not my dogs. These are other people's dogs in the neighborhood.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top