Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

If you salmon fish add $9.75 for new permit

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by U201491, Nov 27, 2013.

1. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

2. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

Just more ODFW racketeering. No restrictions, boundaries checks or balance like all damn government. Soon it will be cheaper to pay the fines if caught than all the fees. I have a family of four and I will tell you, The cost of license,tags, Draw hunt apps validations, permits...etc. is getting ridiculous.

3. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

I am down in Florida right now and have to say this state, from my experience so far, has a lot more freedom than either WA or OR.
    For instance if you are fishing the salt water and doing it off the shore, no need for a fishing license. I don't know about rivers or lakes.

4. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

No thanks. I'll keep doing it my own way. One of the bonuses of living right on a river.

5. U201491

IT IS FREE TO PIONEERS :)
    AND DISABLED VETS.

All I can say is it better get the nets out of the mainstem river as it says.

6. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

Hope you're right, but I'm not holding my breath on any of that. I bet the Pioneers and Disabled vets won't be exempted and the nets will never be off the river.

7. U201491

Yes, it says they are free for pioneers and disabled vets on the odfw website.

8. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Lane County, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm a disabled vet. I get my license for free, but have to pay for a salmon tag.

9. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

So the river will still be filled with Indian gill nets and I will have $10.00 less in my pocket.....

10. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Great idea, just move the gill nets off to the side and everyone will be happy.
    Just watch what happens when it's gill net season.
    The water flow over the dams will be manipulated, and it will force the fish to swim away from the main channel and right into the nets, and the sports fisherman gets the privilege of paying for it.
    What about the Indian nets above Bonneville, you could walk across the river there are so many nets.

11. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Let me translate it for ya'll....

This new "suite" of management "policies" is just their way of siphoning another $1,000,000.00 a year from the economy by calling it an "endorsement" without calling it what it actually is...

Just Another F-ing Tax (JAFT for short) :thumbup:

12. U201491

It doesn't affect the tribal netting upriver.
    I watched the tests with the seine nets for 2 years now and it sure wont have any effect on the main run like the gill nets did. Those nets will be in the side bays now. The seine nets are very ineffective compared to gill nets.
    So the only real obstacle to good runs are the sealions!