JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife has had it twice now. The first time was last August, and was terrible. It settled in her stomach, never any respiratory symptoms. She ran a high fever at times, 103°, and hardly got out of bed for two weeks. I constantly brought her fluids and vitamins, but she refused to eat, and lost 25 pounds. I did take her to the emergency room for an IV once when she got so bad she wouldn't drink, but otherwise her doctor wouldn't have anything to do with her since it wasn't in her lungs and wasn't life threatening. Most of her hair fell out several months later.

The second time was just a few weeks ago and wasn't as bad, only lasted a few days. It was still bad enough. Coincidentally, I never had any symptoms myself, even though I was right beside her both times. Two of the kids had mild symptoms the first time for a couple days, but weren't tested. My wife said she'd read that some blood types seem to be more susceptible than others; she's the type that's most susceptible.

I'm going to say something that's probably going to get me yelled at here, and I apologize in advance but I'll say it anyhow. We were all vaccinated, and I'm glad we were. It becoming more and more clear as time goes on that the vaccines won't necessarily protect you from getting covid, but it seems just as clear that they do help protect from the more severe symptoms. I have no way of knowing if she would have been worse had she not been vaccinated, but statistically it's likely, and I shudder to even think about it.

I don't mean to bring up the "vaccine controversy" since I know there are some here who have extremely strong opinions on the subject. I have close family and friends on both sides of that debate, and I respect their opinions. I'm not hard core on it- this is just our experience and our perspective.

My wife has had it twice now. The first time was last August, and was terrible. It settled in her stomach, never any respiratory symptoms. She ran a high fever at times, 103°, and hardly got out of bed for two weeks. I constantly brought her fluids and vitamins, but she refused to eat, and lost 25 pounds. I did take her to the emergency room for an IV once when she got so bad she wouldn't drink, but otherwise her doctor wouldn't have anything to do with her since it wasn't in her lungs and wasn't life threatening. Most of her hair fell out several months later.

The second time was just a few weeks ago and wasn't as bad, only lasted a few days. It was still bad enough. Coincidentally, I never had any symptoms myself, even though I was right beside her both times. Two of the kids had mild symptoms the first time for a couple days, but weren't tested. My wife said she'd read that some blood types seem to be more susceptible than others; she's the type that's most susceptible.

I'm going to say something that's probably going to get me yelled at here, and I apologize in advance but I'll say it anyhow. We were all vaccinated, and I'm glad we were. It becoming more and more clear as time goes on that the vaccines won't necessarily protect you from getting covid, but it seems just as clear that they do help protect from the more severe symptoms. I have no way of knowing if she would have been worse had she not been vaccinated, but statistically it's likely, and I shudder to even think about it.

I don't mean to bring up the "vaccine controversy" since I know there are some here who have extremely strong opinions on the subject. I have close family and friends on both sides of that debate, and I respect their opinions. I'm not hard core on it- this is just our experience and our perspective.
Don't apologize for making the correct decision.

I respect your freedom of choice . I would never argue with a person's decision on their families health and I certainly hope it all works out for the best. The decision is made and what ever the outcome it was your choice. Good luck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top