JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What does emailing your testimony to this address actually do? Do they read it in close or open session? Does it make the record somewhere?"
Your testimony will go on the record. They are suppose to read them but not in open session.

Is that true for a hearing on something that isn't a "bill" yet (e.g., LC38)?
IIRC any materials emailed to a committee "exhibits" address, such as
[email protected]
will appear in the meeting materials
but all I see there is the text of the "Legislative Concept"
(I think submissions have to be in PDF format to get posted)

[email protected]
Good questions, that I can't provide provable answers for. I would like to believe the answer is yes to both questions. If you have evidence to the contrary please share it.

[email protected]
As to your second question: "Email your written testimony and any materials (reports, handouts, presentations) at least 24 hours in advance so it can be posted electronically to OLIS for the members and public to view."
Source: Citizen Engagement How to Testify

Obviously no gun storage law proposals are desirable but one idea to consider is that if we expect one or the other gun storage laws to pass it might be better to have the LC 38 passed in the legislature vs the IP 40 by the voters for this reason.

In LC 38 a gun room is considered compliant storage of firearms. This means a locked closet or pretty much any room that has a locked door.

In IP 40 a gun room is not an option for compliant storage. That means even if you invested $9400 in one of these vault doors for your gun room, that you would still be required to have firearms with in that room locked up or in a approved container: Hamilton 7110-00-935-1886-A Class 5 GSA Vault Door

Letting the Antis in the legislature pass this gun storage law with no pro-gun votes would help fire up the pro-gun base and give pro-gun voters more reason to get out and vote for pro-Gun legislators in November elections.

If IP 40 is put on the ballot and passed by voters it won't ever be reversed and will embolden gun grabbers. I would like to see Sen. Roblan have to hang this gun storage badge around his neck for this Novembers election.

One Senator questioned the lawyer about car safes not being compliant as the bill is now written, so they are open to amendments. Since this is "for the kids" I would like to see those firearms owners who do not live with or care for children under 15 or prohibited persons be exempt from the storage law.

Last Edited:
LC 38 not restrictive enough for Penny.

LC 38 not restrictive enough for Penny.

Say what, I thought the intent was to prevent Clackamas Town Center shootings now it seems we know the real reason.

"The main reason for lost or stolen laws is to be able to give law enforcement tools to go after gun traffickers," said Okamoto

Say what, I thought the intent was to prevent Clackamas Town Center shootings now it seems we know the real reason.

"The main reason for lost or stolen laws is to be able to give law enforcement tools to go after gun traffickers," said Okamoto
Sounds like this legislations title is indeed misleading, if indeed the intent is tills for
Police to go after gun traffickers.

imagine that, Democrats being deceptive in their attempt to take away civil rights... :s0054:

This is the type of news story that will cause legislators and voters to support these gun lock up laws.

Underatand how this type news can be used to fuel gun grabbers, my response would be "that happened in Utah, your an Oregon legislator, when was the last time this happened in Oregon?!?"

It's high time to hold our legislators accountable and make them explain the reason behind their proposed, restrictive legislation.

Based on the plethora of gun control laws along with the sham cap-n-trade, looks like the republicans will be needing to flee the state again this legislative season. Dems didn't learn anything last year...

This is the type of news story that will cause legislators and voters to support these gun lock up laws.

If a POS is willing to murder 4 members of their own family, no gun laws are going to stop someone that evil.

It's unfortunate many voters do not understand that.

Part that cracks me up, .gov cant even keep drugs and weapons out of prison, but homeowners are supposed to somehow store their firearms in a way that no one is able to gain access to them who isn't supposed to access them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top