JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My GF witnessed such an "event" just yesterday. While we were in Portland, OR at Ross. The perp was "one of the usual suspects". Yup....he made off with an armful of clothing.

But is there still some hope?

Pffft.....advice from some white kids.

Aloha, Mark

If you lose your job and could not collect un-employment and only moving or taking a very low paying job is your option how long could you last?

So, we all prepare for SHTF in different ways and for different things, some prep for the Zombie Apocalypse, Red Dawn situation, tyrannical government, Cascadia fault line and basic civil unrest in your own neighborhood.

We have food, water and firearms to protect us and we may shelter in place or go to a bugout location but how many of us are prepared for financial ruin.

With all the vaccine mandates and folks getting fired it has got me thinking, so you get fired from your job for whatever new mandate that might be coming down the road, speaking out about the government, going to a school board meeting and labeled a terrorist, you happen to be white, black, red, yellow or rainbow it does not matter and you can not collect un-employment and very few jobs or only very low paying jobs are the only ones open to you because the mandate is state wide.

Do you have the financial means to stay a float and for how long? Do you have the money to move to a location where jobs are available?

I ask that this does not become a pissing match about the vaccine because the way the world is going and if a precedence is set that mandates are ok who knows what mandate is next. This is a question on how long could you survive before loosing everything and have you thought about what options you might have if it were to happen.

Are you a 2-income family and could make it on one income or could you retire early, do you have stocks, savings put away for a rainy day, lots of guns you could sale or are you like millions of folks and are 1 month away from bankruptcy?

I do not want to know your finances but how long you could honestly last before ruin, many of us never plan for more than a short time being off work and maybe we should.

To start the conversation because of the current mandates I chose to early retire at 63.5 so the social security is much lower and I do not have the retirement plan I would of at 67 so I taken a part time job at a local sporting good store to help supplement the income (play money). I am lucky as my house and cars are all paid off so I just have to worry about the lights, water, power and phone on a month to month and then the taxes and insurance yearly. But honestly 3 years ago I would probably have lost everything as I would not had the option to retire and I still had a house payment and owed on 2 cars.
Indefinitely. I was able to retire at 30. No handouts or inheritance. Just hard and smart work and conservative values.

Last Edited:
Could last until I get old and die. If taxes go up, the rentals increase in rent prices will cover that. GTG.

87e84f608f04012eb06d001dd8b71c47.gif

If no one is buying or has the means to buy, what bargaining is possible? What do you trade?

Joking aside, most people have some marketable skill they can leverage. Freelancing is booming since COVID struck. If you've got skills and are persistent, work and $$$ will follow. Maybe not a lot, but you can make enough to survive.

To be frank, I have a well-paying job at a solid company, but if I get axed I'm not too proud to sweep floors or flip burgers if necessary. Seen a lot of people "hold out" for better opportunities... sometimes you just gotta suck it up and do what's necessary to keep the roof overhead and food on the table.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads