JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Note: If this gets bumped to the top after awhile, be sure to check post #2 as it might have some new information.

Next year, I hope to see that Sen. Jeff Merkley is replaced by someone else that isn't so blindly anti-gun. The main problem I see, however, is that he has a lot of support among progressives, and they won't vote him out based solely on his position of gun-control. It may even be a plus for them. So what we need is to give them something else to talk and vote about other than gun control and get those "vote for someone else" votes in there.

Issue #1 - See second post in thread.

I offer this up as you probably know people who wouldn't vote this guy out solely on his position on gun-control. It doesn't hurt to give them a different, unrelated reason that does resonate with them to vote Merkley out.

There is more than one way to seeing to it that this is a one term senator, and never even have to mention gun-rights/control (i.e. give anti-gun people a reason to vote him out)

Any other topics to share where he has really %#*^*(@$ up for Oregon?

Last Edited:
Non-gun control reasons NOT to vote for Sen. Merkley

#1 Obamacare.
From Merkly's own website
Two key questions and answers from his website:
Q: Has Senator Merkley read the text of health care reform legislation?
A: As a member of the Senate Heath, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, Senator Merkley spent weeks in committee meetings not only reading the Affordable Health Choices Act, but working with his colleagues on the details to make sure the bill will help small businesses, promote wellness and preventive care, lower costs, address workforce shortages and give all Americans more choices.
Q: I really like the health insurance and doctor that I have right now. Will health care reform mean that the government will choose my doctor instead?
A: No. If you like your current health insurance, you will be able to keep it. And you will be able to continue seeing your current doctor.

And here's a few fun ways to talk about it this next year. This is the ad every Democrat should be scared of in 2014.

#2. The senate use of the “nuclear option”. You can thank Sen. Merkley for pushing that. A key part of the article to remember in case someone says “it was a good thing”. Ask them if having such a short-sighted senator is a good thing? After all, the senate won't be in democratic control for ever.

“Merkley even convinced Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) to support the reform despite her worries about abortion rights if, at a future date, a Republican majority takes over and the filibuster is diminished. The GOP needs six seats to take over next fall. Ultimately Feinstein decided to go with Merkley.”

#3. What has Merkley done to protect one of Oregon's #1 industries? Chinese dumping plywood into Oregon. (could use some help filling in the blanks)

... Any more? I just read about Sen. ginny burdick (another thread?) being a supporter of salestax in Oregon. But that's for another thread. Need more Merkley!

Last Edited:
My usual position is if they are the Incumbent - then vote them out.

However - Ron Wyden - has earned my vote. Issues like Privacy (NSA snoops) and holding the government agencies to account.

My usual position is if they are the Incumbent - then vote them out.

However - Ron Wyden - has earned my vote. Issues like Privacy (NSA snoops) and holding the government agencies to account.

Ron Wyden is as anti-Second Amendment as they come! Every opportunity to throw gun owners under the bus and trample the Second Amendment he has gladly done so with Marxist vigor. And you want to vote for this guy? Seriously?

re: Wyden.
There are more issues than just the 2nd amendment when it comes to our Government - and to my choices in voting. They can stay away from your right to bear arms, and still destroy our liberty.

Is it OK to be monitored by drones? OK to have future possible crime warrants issued - so you can be searched, detained now?

There are more issues than just the 2nd amendment when it comes to our Government - and to my choices in voting. They can stay away from your right to bear arms, and still destroy our liberty.

Is it OK to be monitored by drones? OK to have future possible crime warrants issued - so you can be searched, detained now?

That lispy dip-sheit plays both sides of the fence in ALL issues. Don't kid yourself that he didn't/doesn't know allllllll about the stuff he pretends to be outraged over later.

The biggest task at hand is getting every conservative to take 2014 very serious and get out the vote like never before. That has to be done. Also to make as many libs know that unless they vote on a more conservative side, they will essentially putting a gun to their own heads by continuing down the path they have been. If the country crashes, there will be no free food, no free housing, no welfare checks, because there will be no money for any of it. If people really want to know what zombies are, then vote demo left.
If they want to actually save what is left of our country, then vote fore REAL conservatives in every position. 2014 will be the final chance to save the country peacefully.
The country Will be saved, but the elections in 2014 will be the only painless way to do it. That is quite literal in meaning. It's the last chance.
The only other possibility is if Obama, Holder and the rest of that Coup is charged, impeached, put on trial and imprisoned for their crimes and treason in their acts to harm America, and with the people currently in the Senate and Congress is very unlikely.
You all, we all have less than 1 year to get the job done. The election will be here in the blink of the eye.

Now is no time to sell out the Second Amendment. If the 2A goes, expect all that tyranny to become reality. The only thing holding those things back is the 2A!

Now is no time to sell out the Second Amendment. If the 2A goes, expect all that tyranny to become reality. The only thing holding those things back is the 2A!

I dont think these people comprehend the bloodbath they will cause if they continue to play this game. They dont understand or they dont care, but it will land on their front porch too ! They cant live in underground bunkers forever.
They just do not think.
They are like teens that think they are indestructible.
True representatives no longer exist. They are part of the ME society and F everyone else.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads