JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Idiots who decided to import the t-rex of wolves!

Here are some taken in Idaho this year (received in an email). Makes me glad my elk gun is a 375H&H although follow up shots won't be fast enough if there's a brave pack.

I dunno. Supposedly they came from someone who works for the Idaho BLM but who knows, when emails go viral they could claim the pics came from Obama.
I know a fish trick with photography is hold them out at arms length so they are closer to the camera and look bigger but those things are obviously too heavy to do that with, but like you said with photoshop I could imagine they were doctored.
The point, however, is that there are new, non native, wolves that have been introduced into the NW that are MUCH bigger than the native species and it could mean big problems.

My dad's cousin was a professional guide in BC all of his life. He had the biggest mule deer head and rack I have ever seen mounted over his fireplace. He said "that is my tree hugger anti hunting wolves, they only take the weak, bla bla bla... rack..."

Seems several years before, a pack of wolves chased this huge buck out onto the lake in front of where his cabin was, and proceded to hamstring this big buck. The buck couldn't defend himself because of lack of traction on the ice. Well, the wolves killed that deer before dad's cousin could kill the wolves, but he did manage to salvage the head and rack....had it mounted for any anti-hunting wolves, tree hugger gave him a line...yea, he supplied the horses and guided those types into the Wells-Gray Park too...in summer.

Mother Nature has no "bad" or "good" either, just animals doing what they do. Humans are what? 2% DNA difference from Chimpanzees? Just enough to invent Gods and excuses for acting like the world belongs to us.
There's a reason we're at the top of the food chain. We can figure out that the wolfs are bad. This is one that is easy. Get rid of the wolfs.

HotRod

So, there are at least two of you with sadistic tendencies that should preclude ownership of a firearm.

Ok guys...keep it fair. You're on a firearm forum in the hunting section. It's hard to hunt without a weapon (bow or firearm). This topic brings up a lot of emotions on both sides of the topic. Regardless, there should be no advocating for illegal conduct.

Ok guys...keep it fair. You're on a firearm forum in the hunting section. It's hard to hunt without a weapon (bow or firearm). This topic brings up a lot of emotions on both sides of the topic. Regardless, there should be no advocating for illegal conduct.

I imagine you are referring to this post, as it clearly promotes illegal activities:

Gut shot,thru and thru
As many times as you can
Wolf runs a way and dies later,no ballistics

Just a thought.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class