JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Was the Juice worth the squeeze?

• Yes, everyone should have one.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • No, not worth the hassle.

Votes: 23 24.7%

• Total voters
Sure. Thats their opening salvo. Going to be difficult to disallow one and not the others from now on. Theyve been getting ready for this for a while. Legal ducks in a row etc. The ATF is about to get on a roll. .The ultimate head of the ATF, Trump, doesnt give a damn about any of this stuff.

Could be, sure. But they specifically targeted them because it's marketed as a weapon designed to be shouldered according to some sites I read. You're not supposed to have the intent to shoulder it even though it's allowed lol.

$200 isn't the end of the world. It's a poll tax though. You shouldn't be required to pay taxes on a right. That being said, I don't care that much. My interstate travel docs were approved again for a year. Took 2 weeks to get the paperwork back. No big deal.

The fact that you can swap the SBR lower's stock out for a brace if you want to carry it as a pistol is fair enough. I only SBRd because of wanting a VFG on one, and the other being a Krinkov with the triangle folder.

I suppose if you literally have no other guns to pick from, then stamps, paperwork, and such may be an issue for you. I just buy more guns. One to fit each niche/purpose.

this is a tough one for me. i think id rather build a pistol and save the $200 for reloading supplies and NOT have my weapon be on a federal registry. also, you being in washington, it is my understanding that if you have your CPL, an AR pistol is ok to have loaded in your truck but a rifle isnt?

personally, my thoughts are the NFA shouldnt be a thing. if youre law abiding then you should own whatever you want.

theres an illegal black market for everything and its probably not as hard as one would think for a criminal to illegally obtain weapons.

I must live under a rock. I go to a LOT of gun shows. Rarely do I ever see something even remotely questionable. You can buy parts online, but that might be an ATF front for conning you into entrapment. I feel like you. We shouldn't have to play games, pay gun taxes, register stuff, and collect "stamps." Maybe if I want something, I should ask a criminal. I don't really know anyone that is a criminal save of a few stupid people that think smoking weed is something to be proud of.

I must live under a rock. I go to a LOT of gun shows. Rarely do I ever see something even remotely questionable. You can buy parts online, but that might be an ATF front for conning you into entrapment. I feel like you. We shouldn't have to play games, pay gun taxes, register stuff, and collect "stamps." Maybe if I want something, I should ask a criminal. I don't really know anyone that is a criminal save of a few stupid people that think smoking weed is something to be proud of.
Get into the underbelly of gun shows and you find the "questionable" stuff. There is stuff that gets sold from under the table even at reputable shows. Ive seen it even at Puyallup and Ive had a seller try to set me up in a CI capacity.

Get into the underbelly of gun shows and you find the "questionable" stuff. There is stuff that gets sold from under the table even at reputable shows. Ive seen it even at Puyallup and Ive had a seller try to set me up in a CI capacity.

You might be right, but in all these years nobody has offered me anything shady. One time, years ago when BCGs were questionable, I sent an AR upper off to Bushmaster to be rebarrelled. They said my BCG was an M16 style so they put in a new AR 15 BCG and didn't charge me for it. I'm more likely to meet the most paranoid than the most shady. OTOH, some people said I had a lot of mannerisms like a cop (though I've never been one).

You might be right, but in all these years nobody has offered me anything shady. One time, years ago when BCGs were questionable, I sent an AR upper off to Bushmaster to be rebarrelled. They said my BCG was an M16 style so they put in a new AR 15 BCG and didn't charge me for it. I'm more likely to meet the most paranoid than the most shady. OTOH, some people said I had a lot of mannerisms like a cop (though I've never been one).
I had a guy pull a full auto contraband Galil straight out of the IDF out from under the table and try to sell it to me at Puyallup. It was at a very good price I might add. I'd met the guy before and he was working with the Delta guys out of Utah. Pretty sure he was working with the alphabet guys too. I knew a few people in the area to go up the river in the same time frame.

It was soooo beautiful!

Last Edited:
So for those that have jumped through all the hoops, was it worth it?
Yes, every penny of the cost and every second of the wait...
T1BSB.08.JPG

I'm not paying any money to an agency that infringes on the 2nd amendment, and I'm not going to pay a $200 tax to exercise my rights.
They shouldn't even exist anymore with all the crap they done over the years:

Operation Fast and Furious
Waco
Ruby Ridge

Not to mention all the NFA and all gun laws after it are infringements of the 2nd. ATF should be a store not an agency.

Last Edited:
I'm not paying any money to an agency that infringes on the 2nd amendment, and I'm not going to pay a $200 tax to exercise my rights.

Waco
Ruby Ridge

Not to mention all the NFA and all gun laws after it are infringements of the 2nd. ATF should be a store not an agency.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I would much prefer to witness the BATFE's abolishment and destruction.
Yet, I still stridently desired to possess the SBR version of the venerable M1928A1, so complying with their Draconian mandates was the only way I could get one (albeit the S/A version, because of the Draconian rules of the state in which I live) without jeopardizing my firearms rights.

Last Edited:
I think so. I've always thought that pistol stabilizing braces were a hokey way around the ATF's rules and just like bump stocks, the feds may one day rule against them.
My first AR build was a .300 Blackout with a 10" barrel and an expensive suppressor, so I didn't want it half assed.
I'd do it again.

^^^This is the right answer..^^^^^
It's a hassle and I have to remember to do paperwork every year to take it across State lines but .....

Waco
Ruby Ridge

That'll show'em.

^^^This is the right answer..^^^^^
It's a hassle and I have to remember to do paperwork every year to take it across State lines but .....

Its not that bad. I do it on my birthday every gear. I have pre made out forms I keep on file that I add the dates to, scan and email in. Literally takes 3 minutes.

There are only a few things of ours I wouldn't mind short barreling:

One of our PS90's & an Arsenal SLR-104UR (AK74).

But am simply holding off doing so, no particular reason other than "the hassle & time delay" of filing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top