JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Both my 380s are Bersa Thunders, any idea if these would reliably digest 115gr round nose projectiles?
To be honest I've never looked at the reloading data for the 380 mainly because I don't reload for them. I do know the 90 gr pills are supposed to work well. The rub is that those may be too light for 9mm.

I'd probably not want to go lighter than 100gr for the 9mm.

The bullet would be used for paper punching at 7yds or so in both the 9mm and 380 cartridges.

Edit: I am leaning towards 100gr round nose.
You gonna cast? I've been using the Lee 102 gr RN for both for a very long time. It can also be used in the .38 Special. Works great.

115gr

115gr in 380acp/9x17 is like 147gr in 9mm Luger/9×19
Load data is available.

Obviously it is not apples to apples in terms of velocity.

I understand your logic.
I do similar calculations for 40s&w and 10mm. 1 projectile to cover both cartridges.

You gonna cast? I've been using the Lee 102 gr RN for both for a very long time. It can also be used in the .38 Special. Works great.
I cast the same and have had great results in a pair of Beretta 84FS, Colt Mustang, Springfield 911 and a buddy's Bersa. Highly recommend this mold/round for .380.

As to the original question, I'd go with either a 100 gr rn or 115 gr rn for loading both .380 and 9mm, understanding the 100 gr in 9mm could be a screamer... As has been noted, load data is readily available for both.

Last Edited:
In this climate, I would go with the least conventional for both which seems to be very light for 9mm as people seem to favor heavy bullets for that and probably heavy for .380 as i don't often see factory boxes with triple digit weights. Maybe if you can find a cache of something awkward like 105 grain? Just enough to turn away more buyers than it'd attract?

Speaking of screamers a lot of competitors, using braked guns, try to tune the blast so there's zero muzzle rise.. often they are fairly obnoxious when it comes to muzzle blast.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top