JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I actually just gave a converted Saiga 12 to my oldest daughter,, she loves it! But then again she has killed a bunch of Elk with the .338 Winchester mag. that I gave her and is no slouch when it comes to recoil or tenacity. Pretty as a picture too, sorry boys all of em are married off, thank goodness!

Agreed. I was in a 12x14 room when a .38 went off. Instant deaf for several minutes.
other than a 10/22 my rifle length mac10 is the quietest gun I own...32 rds of 45 should do the trick...ive been in a room whem a pocket 22lr was shot and my ears where ringing for a long time. Id hate to be behind a glock or shotgun. Id rather beat the Perp with a baseball bat over deafness. ..seriously. im young, 29 and already have permanent hearing issues and it sucks. id really hate to loose it all because I had to unload a magazine on a guy who wants some crap from my house to buy himself some crack. I'll stick with the bat or golf club for my home defense.

It happened to me too. I was in a small apartment when a 9mm went off, I was quartered behind the shooter, and it was loud. My ears did ring for a couple of days, but not as bad as my .300 Win. Mag I used to hunt with.

I really don't think report of inside shots would have much effect on the out come of dealing with an intruder, unless the fight went on more than the one or two shot average for a gun fight, or if there was an armed accomplice outside who would decide to jump in the fight rather than run as most do.

However, my hearing is half shot (I know, bad pun) from making a living with a chain saw for a dozen years, so I may not be affected the same as someone with normal hearing

Last Edited:
Let me put it this way; I have a 9MM, .45 ACP and .44 Mag in the headboard of my bed.

It won't make one whit of difference which one I choose if I don't hit my target.

I probably would choose the 9MM as the handgun that is chambered for it is my favorite to shoot.

It happened to me too. I was in a small apartment when a 9mm went off, I was quartered behind the shooter, and it was loud. My ears did ring for a couple of days, but not as bad as my .300 Win. Mag I used to hunt with.

I really don't think report of inside shots would have much effect on the out come of dealing with an intruder, unless the fight went on more than the one or two shot average for a gun fight, or if there was an armed accomplice outside who would decide to jump in the fight rather than run as most do.

However, my hearing is half shot (I know, bad pun) from making a living with a chain saw for a dozen years, so I may not be affected the same as someone with normal hearing

I've been around more than one indoor firearm use without hearing protection, and it's never a picnic. Part of your home protection strategy should be a decent pair of amplified earmuffs. If you have time to put them on, great. If not, I'd rather be alive and half deaf.

A copper is a paid gunman.. and about 1/1000 (or whatever) will fire their gun on duty.. they don't don cotton for the elephant last I heard.. a measly citizen will likely fire his gat under duress 1000x less than a "pro".. chicken little much? never mind

I have an uncle that put the family dog down out behind the house, on the farm. There were 2 brick walls, one to the back of the house and the side of the garage. He pulled the trigger and put the dog and one ear drum down.

benelli m4 close by then my AR15...... got a glock....but if after all that I still need it...I'm screwed....
My wife can handle herself very well with her AR15...they are very female friendly defense weapons

Ruger 44 carbine for in the house. 4 rds of 240 gr nosler backed up with 22 gr of h110.... if they are still shooting at me from there car, than the bmg50 loaded with a api. Once they realize that they are not driving away, the ar15 is ready with two 30 rd mags.

How much recoil can you handle? And how much money you want to spend? Here its a 40 S&W Deawoo on my desk. Maybe a 870 loaded with 2 3/4 # 6 shot. Most of the #6 shot will not go through two layers of sheet rock, how ever who ever is standing in front of the sheetrock is toasted. As to your hearing? Worry about that later.
#6 shot sounds like a no go but remember you firing at no more then 20 feet. So there is no shot spread. 1oz and 1/4 slug results. Try it outside on a sheet of plywood.
Also keep in mine you don't want to be shooting through the walls in you house. Like into the room where you wife and kids are.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top