JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know it's not the best choice for my fiscal future, but I'm 26 and I have plenty of time to make money. I sold $1100 of stock I had for the purpose of purchasing rifles that I will be more likely to be prohibited from buying if Obama wins the election and the Dems get their way. Right now I don't have any AR/AK rifles (I know, I know :rolleyes:) and my 870 is my only long gun that could qualify as a military-type weapon. I'm willing to buy used because I plan on using the guns myself :D

There are three rifles I'm looking at that I'd really like:

1. M4A3 AR15, probably a Bushmaster. I think the cheapest I've found them was around $799.

2. AK Variant (Saiga, SAR1, WASR10). I've been tempted to buy a Saiga and convert it myself. It'd probably be around $450 when it's all said and done, or I might be able to find a WASR10 for $350-$375.

3. Saiga-12. I've wanted one of these since they first came out and the price just keeps climbing. I could still get one now for around $600.

Luckily, the odds are fairly good that I could get all three before the next president takes office.

What would you guys do? Are you planning on making any pre-election purchases?

I'd save your money, save some more money, and when LWRC gets up and running again after their factory move (supposedly they will be cranking out guns around the end of the year), get an M6A3 or a SABR. Best AR you can buy IMO. That's what I'm going to do anyway.

Honestly, I don't think I need a piston AR, especially with my budget. How much more expensive are they?

Well it depends what you want, you can get a used one for under $2000, I dont have exact numbers off the top of my head. SABR will be very pricey, $3500 or more. M6A3 I would venture to say $2500 range new. BUT...keep this in mind: when they M6A3 and SABR become available, there will be a lot of people looking to sell used M6A2 models so they can upgrade. Just a thought. Given the choice I'd buy an HK 416 or HK 417, but who knows when/if they will be available to the american public.

I am selling/have sold most of my revolvers, lever guns and my bolt gun to buy guns that might be banned. So far, I bought an AR, an AK, a couple more semi-auto pistols, and my next and final firearms purchases will be a Keltec PLR-16 and maybe a FAL or AK pistol. Then I will focus on buying alot of magazines for all my new guns. If I were you, I would hold out on the Saiga 12. I love them, and have shot them, but I don't think they are worth $600. The magazines are very expensive, too. It's hard to justify paying double the cash for a gun I saw many times for $325. For AR's, keep checkin out the Gun Broker in Tigard, they have very good deals some times. When I was looking, I usually called a couple of times a week, and they had at least one awesome deal a week.

I am selling/have sold most of my revolvers, lever guns and my bolt gun to buy guns that might be banned. So far, I bought an AR, an AK, a couple more semi-auto pistols, and my next and final firearms purchases will be a Keltec PLR-16 and maybe a FAL or AK pistol. Then I will focus on buying alot of magazines for all my new guns. If I were you, I would hold out on the Saiga 12. I love them, and have shot them, but I don't think they are worth $600. The magazines are very expensive, too. It's hard to justify paying double the cash for a gun I saw many times for $325. For AR's, keep checkin out the Gun Broker in Tigard, they have very good deals some times. When I was looking, I usually called a couple of times a week, and they had at least one awesome deal a week.

Yeah as much as I love Saiga 12's (though I've never shot one) I just bought an 870 and I can't bring myself to pull the trigger at the current price. I remember when they were $325 too :(

OMG I thought I posted on this post before...

I purchased a Wasr-10 as a November gun plus 10 30rnd mags.
Also A .50

If I where in your boat I would Buy a AK of some type Wasr-10 perhaps and a DPMS PANTHER LITE.. $650 AR

2 for the price of 1!

The build each up a bit.

If you're worried about getting in under some timeline (elections/inauguration) and having things you want for a future date. I'd be picking up some lower receivers for the arfs (LMT complete lowers are the best thing going right now), then maybe an AKM kit and receiver for a later AK build. You won't have complete guns at the moment, but you'll have SNs.

...and magazines, get some magazines

Ammo may get more expensive but it wont become illegal. Cant say that with the same certainty for high capacity weapons. Even so, I'm looking at buying a Dan Wesson Pointman 7 next month. While there are definitely some high cap pistols I could go for and save 1911 stuff til after I know if there will be a new AWB, I figure that we cant predict the future so might as well get what I want the most. Too bad there are so many pistols I want or I'd buy an AR and an AK and a bubblegumload of magazines. Also have 2 different builds planned for custom M14s but they will be crazy expensive :(

Firearms, ammo, and componets to run them make me in pretty fair
shape. Next on the list is a freeze dried food supply increases and
a stock of groceries and first aid stuff. I could be a long time before
things ever normalize The cost factor has only one direction to go, UP.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top