JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good for them for having the balls to carry where they should be able to. Too bad they got caught.

WHAT????? All this does is make any of us responsible gun owners with legit conceal permits look like idiots. Anyone that forgets and attempts to go through security with a firearm is no safer than someone that shoots themself or someone else while cleaning a firearm.......

My opinion.....

We are still individuals here. No one has to pay for another persons "crimes". This is not some collective we have in America. You and I are not responsible for anyone else taking a gun anywhere. The idea that we all have to answer for another gun owner that we've never met already plays into the anti's hands.

I personally wouldn't carry a gun to the airport because it is a fight you cannot win. I wouldn't be representing anybody but myself if I chose to do so, however.

Sadly, collective punishment is the norm in the (dumb-)mass media. The TSA says the number of guns confiscated at checkpoints has been rising steadily, and nationwide it's up to about three dozen per week now. That's astonishing.

Not all are inadvertent, either; some people really do try to sneak stuff through, for who knows what reasons. Hey, how about the vet who put a stingball grenade in his checked bag at John Wayne Airport?
Ex-Marine accused of putting grenade in checked baggage at airport - latimes.com
When they pulled him off the plane and searched him, they found he had a balisong knife that had made it through security. As well as speed and steroids! Sounds like he's going to lose his right to carry, and maybe it's a good thing.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews