JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No mention of garbage, or trash at shooting sites, etc... was on that billboard I photographed.

Yes, those that create messes in shooting areas should clean up the mess they make, but that billboard is an outright attack on firearms and hunters, plain and simple.

You would think whoever put it up would want to be recognized for it, such as a group but the more I think about it I suspect it is the work of one person who has a serious 'chip on their shoulder' about something - and I don't think it's all about hunting.

To the OP, I grew up in St. Helens as well... Class of 82.... Dad still lives there.

Wow, I didn't expect to see this and I find it disturbing. I guess the folks from Portland have been migrating?

This sign appears to be intended to create fear rather than address pollution.

Man we used to drive out any number of roads and shoot clay pigeons... There was an old rock quarry off of Pittsburg road we'd shoot our 22's in. Buncha old rusty cars in there.

Times have changed.

Without hunters and or guns looks to me like they have lunch on a rope for a nearby cougar or bear. Oh and if they have it their way wolves! Since they were never a problem and weren't voted upon to be eradicated from this area once before.

I have eaten quite a few pizzas at sunshine pizza in St Helens

Man so have I. In fact Dad and I had the salad bar there a couple months ago.

I think I was there on opening day in the early 80's. Of course the best place used to be Dino's Pizza but it burned down and after they rebuilt it was never the same. Now it's called Bing's.

I find this sign to be a big issue for Lamar advertising, they may have some liablity? FYI I tried to call and did not get to him, but the account rep is:
Chad Banks
Market Manager / Portland, OR
541-461-0972

I would like to know who paid for this?

Not like anyone would have a place to acutally go to experience nature if it wasn't for the Pittman Robertson Act and the funds generated through hunting/fishing licenses..... This is really just another example of "do gooders" that have no connection with real life.

For perspective, this is also what our stomping grounds is facing. My hiker friends are tired of finding clay targets, shotgun hulls, and busted TVs in the woods.

I'm not supporting this billboard, but the trash is convincing. If it continues to grow, a ballot measure or ODF ban on target shooting would not be a surprise.

I spend a lot of time in the woods. Its not like areas like this are all over the place. They are usually a few places where people know its ok to shoot usually because of the mess. It keeps people from just pulling over anywhere and shooting they know the spot because of the mess. and there are not ever where but they are ugly when they get this bad. When i find trash in the woods its usually not because of shooters but because of tweekers or people who don't want to pay for garbage service. If more land was set aside for shooters then you would have any less random spots for shooting although i say this again its only this bad where its common to shoot. I have come across areas where a people have just pulled over cause they could not find a place to shoot and left a mess but not like this.

Just spread the word people clean up and share the few shooting places that are out there. and Push for more designated shooting areas

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top