JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lucky you...

I'm only a month late with this, but to be honest I didn't think I was going to stay. I've had mixed experiences with forums in the past. Then yall started to make me feel so welcome with all the likes for my AR addiction confessional. Today reading another guy's intro was the icing though.... I found out I'm not the only one not wearing pants. Like Brigham Young said after leading his flock into the Utah Valley... "This is the place" I've met a couple of you from buying/selling stuff here, and some of you might have a sense of what I'm all about from my posts. But for anybody that cares to read it... Here's my BIO:

I didn't use a clever handle, because I didn't know I'd be hanging out here so much.
UPDATE: I use a clever handle now... I'm no longer who I was, but I'm still me.

Anyway I'm a middle age dude.. Married with 2 high school aged kids 1 boy, 1 girl. I'm extremely proud of both of them. Both straight A students, and both hold extremely high moral values. Most importaint both love to shoot, and are well educated in safely handeling firearms. Please excuse me if I brag about them from time to time. I was in a car accident and don't get around as well as i'd like anymore, so I live vicariously through them sometimes. Family is my number one priority.

I was raised in a home that took prepping very seriously. My dad worked at a paper mill, and he and my mom had a side business selling small kitchen appliances and gadgets, and also sold emergency preparedness and food storage supplies. My mom taught several emergency preparedness seminars as well. She was a little over the top with it at times, but I learned a lot from them, and all the survival books that were abundant in the house. I'm not an expert by any means but I try to learn as much as I can.
I a middle child #4 of 6.. I spent the better part of my childhood building forts(shelters) in the woods behind our house with my brothers. We were a wild bunch of boys kinda like those alaskan bush people. Then one day we got cable, and a nintendo. I think because mom was tired of washing the mud off of our clothes all the time. I was in BSA but never worked on merit badges.. I just went for the fun camping and hiking trips. When I was in my early teens my aunt and uncle, whom lived and worked in Rainier, would pick me up and we'd drive 4 hours each way to work on their ranch in Sisters, Or. I spent just about every weekend and spring break over there picking up rocks, clearing juniper and helping with the herd. Once in a while my older brother would come down with his 10/22 and Id watch him shoot ground squirrels by the dozen. Back then it was a cattle ranch... Now it's one of the nicest Dude ranches in the country and I rarely get to stay there. Oregon Dude Ranch Vacations - LHRANCH Dude Ranch Vacations . $4 an hour, 3 square meals of my aunts now world famous cooking, and gaining a strong work ethic was well worth all the hard work. If you ever want to treat your wife to a great bed and breakfast... check it out!
After scratching my way through Highschool... I decided to take a year and be a snowboard bum, so I moved in with my older brother in Salt Lake city, got a night job at Snowbird, and had the time of my life. I'm also a musician I've been in a few Rock and Metal bands(nothing famous) playing drums, or bass guitar.
It wasn't until I moved back to WA, got married and started a family that I started getting into guns and reloading. My wife's dad is a Navy vietnam vet, and he gave me my first real gun.. A Deerfield model 67' 12 gauge shotgun...to protect his daughter. I found a couple old toilets behind the house we were renting, and put a box of bird shot into them. Something about the way the porcelain exploded into dust triggered something inside me, and I became obsessed. First gun I bought was a savage 110 7mm for hunting.. then a marlin 22mag for plinking.. then my first pistol a Ruger GP100..then a 10/22.. and another .357, a Dan Wesson model 15... all within a year of my introduction to firearms.

I had to slow down after we had a couple kids and lost our "disposable" income. 20 years later I found semi auto led slinging bliss in the form of the AR15 and the Glock, and here I am. All my other hobbies like snowboarding, music, fishing, and naked tap dancing have taken a backseat to building ARs, and making food for them and my pistols to spit out all over the range. Nothing better than working up a new load that groups clover leafs at 300 yards out of a gun that you built. At least that's what I'm told. I can get em at 50 sometimes if i'm lucky.

Anyway that's a little about me and why I am. If you read that whole thing, i'm sorry.

Last Edited:
Welcome. This forum is a wealth of information and very high signal to noise ratio. Also a good place to buy and sell. Hope you continue on here. I read your ar addiction post but am still in denial so don't think I commented.

I wish you'd write a little about yourself...

Last Edited:
Greetings program!

...this site IMO is a great one, because of the people & there willingness to share experience. Off topic can range from the mundane to hilarious, on topic is a wealth of information. Politics & religion is just that everywhere, like a poo. My poo isn't going to change anyone else's poo, but sometimes it's interesting to talk about poo...

Lucky you...

I'm only a month late with this, but to be honest I didn't think I was going to stay. I've had mixed experiences with forums in the past. Then yall started to make me feel so welcome with all the likes for my AR addiction confessional. Today reading another guy's intro was the icing though.... I found out I'm not the only one not wearing pants. Like Brigham Young said after leading his flock into the Utah Valley... "This is the place" I've met a couple of you from buying/selling stuff here, and some of you might have a sense of what I'm all about from my posts. But for anybody that cares to read it... Here's my BIO:

I didn't use a clever handle, because I didn't know I'd be hanging out here so much. Now I kinda wish I had, the anonymity would be nice, but Oh well. It will keep me honest.

Anyway I'm a middle age dude.. Married with 2 high school aged kids 1 boy, 1 girl. I'm extremely proud of both of them. Both straight A students, and both hold extremely high moral values. Most importaint both love to shoot, and are well educated in safely handeling firearms. Please excuse me if I brag about them from time to time. I was in a car accident and don't get around as well as i'd like anymore, so I live vicariously through them sometimes. Family is my number one priority.

I was raised in a home that took prepping very seriously. My dad worked at a paper mill, and he and my mom had a side business selling small kitchen appliances and gadgets, and also sold emergency preparedness and food storage supplies. My mom taught several emergency preparedness seminars as well. She was a little over the top with it at times, but I learned a lot from them, and all the survival books that were abundant in the house. I'm not an expert by any means but I try to learn as much as I can.
I a middle child #4 of 6.. I spent the better part of my childhood building forts(shelters) in the woods behind our house with my brothers. We were a wild bunch of boys kinda like those alaskan bush people. Then one day we got cable, and a nintendo. I think because mom was tired of washing the mud off of our clothes all the time. I was in BSA but never worked on merit badges.. I just went for the fun camping and hiking trips. When I was in my early teens my aunt and uncle, whom lived and worked in Rainier, would pick me up and we'd drive 4 hours each way to work on their ranch in Sisters, Or. I spent just about every weekend and spring break over there picking up rocks, clearing juniper and helping with the herd. Once in a while my older brother would come down with his 10/22 and Id watch him shoot ground squirrels by the dozen. Back then it was a cattle ranch... Now it's one of the nicest Dude ranches in the country and I rarely get to stay there. Oregon Dude Ranch Vacations - LHRANCH Dude Ranch Vacations . $4 an hour, 3 square meals of my aunts now world famous cooking, and gaining a strong work ethic was well worth all the hard work. If you ever want to treat your wife to a great bed and breakfast... check it out!
After scratching my way through Highschool... I decided to take a year and be a snowboard bum, so I moved in with my older brother in Salt Lake city, got a night job at Snowbird, and had the time of my life. I'm also a musician I've been in a few Rock and Metal bands(nothing famous) playing drums, or bass guitar.
It wasn't until I moved back to WA, got married and started a family that I started getting into guns and reloading. My wife's dad is a Navy vietnam vet, and he gave me my first real gun.. A Deerfield model 67' 12 gauge shotgun...to protect his daughter. I found a couple old toilets behind the house we were renting, and put a box of bird shot into them. Something about the way the porcelain exploded into dust triggered something inside me, and I became obsessed. First gun I bought was a savage 110 7mm for hunting.. then a marlin 22mag for plinking.. then my first pistol a Ruger GP100..then a 10/22.. and another .357, a Dan Wesson model 15... all within a year of my introduction to firearms.

I had to slow down after we had a couple kids and lost our "disposable" income. 20 years later I found semi auto led slinging bliss in the form of the AR15 and the Glock, and here I am. All my other hobbies like snowboarding, music, fishing, and naked tap dancing have taken a backseat to building ARs, and making food for them and my pistols to spit out all over the range. Nothing better than working up a new load that groups clover leafs at 300 yards out of a gun that you built. At least that's what I'm told. I can get em at 50 sometimes if i'm lucky.

Anyway that's a little about me and why I am. If you read that whole thing, i'm sorry.

COOL!

Welcome aboard. Great group, has helped me immensely with AR build's as well as good laughs after hard days at work. I made a few gun shows never would have heard about except through the NWFA bunch.

Also helps me cope with now living in Kommiefornia....image the scene in Red Dawn where Harry Dean Stanton yells to his boys: "AVENGE ME!

Brutus out

Welcome!! Glad you decided to stay.

LOL... too much information... no, not the length of your post/intro, but Naked Tap Dancing hobby... Whoa, I can't imagine, wait yes I can... what a picture... can't get that out of my head. LMAO! :eek::D:D:D

This post is meant in the kindest, most generous, most loving way!!! I say this because sometimes people don't get it when one is kidding and posts :D:D:D behind their musings. :D:D:D

Welcome pal. There's a lot of rarified air in here, a lot of hot air as well( if you're reading my posts). If they let me in here, you'll be fine. Nice to have you amongst the flock.
Cheers.

Uhhh.... You're not wearing pants?

Welcome aboard!

IMG_0562.JPG

Welcome to the group. As has already been mentioned, lots of great folks here with invaluable information... And there's lots of good ole fashioned ribbing that takes place as well...

Being a family site, please put yer pants back on.... :eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads