JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You allowed to open carry- meaning that it has to be seen and not concealed, but be careful some cities will not allow open carry.

OK cities in Washington CAN NOT restrict open carry any more than the state laws do.(see the latest City of Seattle try) Or any carry for that matter.Seens they can only do parks and such.

I wouldn't get too excited about open carrying in either Tacoma or Puyallup,unless you want the swat teem to come for you.
Yes it may be legal,but they try the "brandishing your weapon" law.But to me that would be putting your hand on it or pulling it and waving it.

You can give it a try and see what goes down.

I have had a CCP for years,partly to be able to take guns home at time of purchase and partly cause I don't feel the need to let everyone know I am carrying

That is what I think I heard in an Oregon class. Most major OR cities have city ordinance bans against open carry. You can still conceal carry in those cities with your permit, but you'd be in trouble if you tried OC.

In WA however, there are no such city ordinances that override state law. So you can open carry without a permit (tech) as long as you don't enter a vehicle. If you have a permit, then you can OC in a vehicle. You mainly have to watch out for people "feeling" threatened. Then they can get you into trouble. So be sure to be friendly and do a lot of smiling. ;)

<broken link removed>

Now if you look at the laws,read the first paragraph about this,then read the second.The second almost negates the first.

You can have a loaded firearm if you are an arms collector,going to a range,coming from a range,blah,blah,blah.
But I wouldn't without a permit.The cops would impound everything they could and make you fight to get it back.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top