If you could talk to any "gun guy" past or present.

Andy54Hawken

Reactions
So just a thread for fun , please no politics or other "ugh" type of posts.

If you could talk "guns" to any "gun guy" who would they be....?

My list in no particular order would be :

Theodore Roosevelt
Sam Hawken
John Browning
Jacob Dickert
John Barsness

Andy

Reactions
I've had the pleasure to have had a few shooting sessions with the great Tom Knapp. Five minutes with that guy and if you're not improved significantly, you aren't trying. He was an amazing teacher and even better human.

Outside of Tom, I'd like to pick the brains of the Elmer Keith/Jack O'Connor and such.

Cardinal

Reactions
John Moses Browning. Pure genius and nobody even gets within sight of his accomplishments.
From lever action rifles to shotguns to semiautomatic pistols to machine guns. What we now take as categories of firearms (e.g., the semiautomatic shotgun) are things that he invented and that simply did not exist before he invented them. Completely revolutionary. A total genius who had more patents than any other and whose inventions live on over a hundred years later.

Last edited:

ilikegunspdx

Reactions
So just a thread for fun , please no politics or other "ugh" type of posts.

If you could talk "guns" to any "gun guy" who would they be....?

My list in no particular order would be :

Theodore Roosevelt
Sam Hawken
John Browning
Jacob Dickert
John Barsness

Andy
Don't forget LC Jeff Cooper. I would put Rob Leatham on there as well personally.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    My Go To For FTF Transfers and The only FFL I ship to.
    I use a Cut Above for Everything firearm related. I'm in there for something at least weekly. The team is great and the prices are great. You...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    They make transfers very easy
    My preferred place for transfers. The staff has always been very friendly. Even with the background checks sometimes taking forever, they are...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    1.00 star(s)
    met a member to sell a gun
    worst experience I have ever had treated as tho i was stealing from them have you ever met someone and with that initial moment you know there's...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome store
    been shopping here for years now, so has my grandfather. they provide excellent services
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
Top Bottom