JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend recently asked me if I was stranded in a remote area for the rest of my life & could chose only one handgun which would I choose? I should add that I have a fairly large collection of firearms.

Without hesitation I said my Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm. It always works, it's built like a tank, & with my 18 round magazines I can throw a lot of lead fast.

Your choice?

Depends on what the threats were... if they were only humanoids the 9MM BHP hands down

If it was wilderness with big bears and such, the S & W .460 revolver with 10 inch barrel

The old ruger 357 security six stainless my father gave me.

third that... damn things are built like tanks and will last forever, a joy to shoot, .357 mag will take down some game, .38 special for smaller game.

failing that, i am very partial to my pre-b cz-75. its had way more than 10k rounds down the barrel without ever an issue.

My Ruger Blackhawk in .357 with 9mm conversion cylinder. 4 types of ammo with one gun: 9mm, .38 special, .38 +P, and .357 magnum. Simple, rugged, and versatile!

I'll go with the most practical, Ruger Vaquero .38/.357 stainless. More shells reloaded for this than any other, and a good supply of
factory .357 magnums. CORRECTION: OOOPS this is my choice and it is a GP100, my Vaquero .45 long colt would be my second choice!
357jpg.jpg
Vaquero2.jpg

I find it interesting that so many of you are convinced that revolvers are more dependable long term that semi-auto's. I always thought that there were so many parts in a revolver that it would have been the other way around.

Do semi-auto's wear out that fast?

Never really thought about long term. But there are generally more things that can go wrong in a semi-auto. It is the reason that after many years of shooting my daughter refuses to even think about owning a semi-auto. I have two that she "abandon". Then I got her a Ruger SP101 and she loves it. There are more moving parts in a revolver than people think, but still less than a semi-auto. Personally I really enjoy shooting both, but I tend to think that over a long time the revolver has at least a slightly better chance of staying dependable. Anything can break, even new stuff fails as everyone knows.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top