JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope, not going to do it. I don't make one size fits all ammo, I make the best ammo I can so that means different powders for different applications. That being said, I could see one handgun and one rifle powder as a possibility say Unique for hand guns and Varget for rifles.

Hypothetically if I COULD only have one powder it would be Unique as I am currently loading probably 80% of what I shoot with it (pistol and rifle) - and could adapt it to a few other calibers that I do NOT use it for.

I would be compromising velocity and energy but Unique can be satisfactorily used in many rifle rounds as well.

Nope, not going to do it. I don't make one size fits all ammo, I make the best ammo I can so that means different powders for different applications. That being said, I could see one handgun and one rifle powder as a possibility say Unique for hand guns and Varget for rifles.
The only reason I could see for using one (or two) powders is for the case where SHTF and you use up most of your powders that you would use otherwise and you are left with one (or two or three) powders. I do look for powders that are versatile and can be used for a wider variety of cartridges and loads. I am not particularly interested in eking out the last little FPS from a cartridge, so I don't have a wide selection of powders.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top