JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I spent a few years in Arizona (Tucson). Loved it. I've also hunted a number of years in the SW Wyoming area. I could be happy there as well.

My research has shown that Tucson has become a liberal owned cesspool and a sanctuary city and has extreme zoning restrictions among other complains by conservatives in the area.

I wouldn't pick AZ for love or money. Too hot, too arid—and those two factors aren't going to get better with the passing of time. I'm going to MT as soon as possible

I love WA, but won't retire here. When even my conservative district voted D rep to Congress, the writing was on the wall.
5 years or when my house hits seven digits in value, I'm gonna look for a place with acreage in ID or Western Montana, and snowbird in Fl.

I love WA, but won't retire here. When even my conservative district voted D rep to Congress, the writing was on the wall.
5 years or when my house hits seven digits in value, I'm gonna look for a place with acreage in ID or Western Montana, and snowbird in Fl.
Might want to look soon. Good luck.

I'm curious about the quoted part. Some folks repeat that it (Boise) is increasingly left leaning, next-to-fall, etc.

It has the highest or close to the highest RED voter turnout and voted against Hillary three years ago by about 2.5 - 1 margin. And for Trump 2-1. Every district voted RED. It hasn't voted for a Dem POTUS in my lifetime, and the margins are generally 2-1 against Dems. 2 blue districts in the state.

Everything is relative. Compared to the rest of Idaho, Boise is a metropolitan area.

With the college, and the influx of folks that are now doing the jobs that Idahodians used to do, it is changing. That doesn't mean it will happen tomorrow or next week, but it is a trend worth keeping track of. This trend has happened, or is happening in other western and/or mountain cities. Just like Oregon, Idaho is a huge state. If the majority of the voting public exists in one place, that place can change the complexion of the rest of the state in a relatively short period. I remember when all of Oregon was a red state, too. It still very much is a red state, but there are more people in Portland voting blue than there are actively voting red voters in the rural areas.

And just like so much of the west, Californians are escaping their insanity by moving to other places in the wonderful west. Problem is, they bring the mindset with them that they are escaping.

My daughter worked in Boise, in a hospital until very recently. She was critical that Idaho doesn't offer the welfare programs that the further left states offer. Enough people start thinking this way, and there could be enough voters to quickly change things from red to blue.

This is dangerous territory. Nobody from Idaho wants anybody else speaking for them, (and I get this), any more than I get tired of Bostonians telling the world how bad the west coast is.

I know people throughout idaho. The farmers in the rural areas point their fingers at Boise, while the folks I know in Boise are very defensive and insist they are every bit as conservative as the rest of the state.

Last Edited:
It was funny talking to my father on Father's Day. He inquired about how our Arizona plans were going and I let him know it was slow going, but progress is being made. Then I said something like: "I was thinking, grandfather left Spain because of the tyranny and social ills, then you from California for similar, now me from Oregon." He laughed and said something to the effect of "And where is your son going when he has grown up?" I suggested they might have colonized the Moon or maybe Mars then, so perhaps that "frontier" will be more free, but who knows. And we both laughed heartily. :p

It was funny talking to my father on Father's Day. He inquired about how our Arizona plans were going and I let him know it was slow going, but progress is being made. Then I said something like: "I was thinking, grandfather left Spain because of the tyranny and social ills, then you from California for similar, now me from Oregon." He laughed and said something to the effect of "And where is your son going when he has grown up?" I suggested they might have colonized the Moon or maybe Mars then, so perhaps that "frontier" will be more free, but who knows. And we both laughed heartily. :p
What a sad prognostication. Similar to the reasons why I teach survival skills to my kids.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top