JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Atomic cannon.

Awesome-Nuclear-Cannon.jpg

If I could only choose one gun it would be an AR. My next second, like MarkAd said would be an M-60, although I think it would be uncomfortable to step on the links without sturdy slippers. Kind of like the green army men. Ouch!

I don't like shooting shotguns that much. Not much challenge, as long as you are within range for the type of ammo you have they always hit the target with devastating results. Plus they always go BANG. Sounds like the perfect thing for home defense. The huge variety of ammo birdshot to slugs, beanbags even flares, make a shotgun that much more appealing as an only gun.

This is tough, because in self defense away from home a handgun would be the best choice. And i would stick with my S&W model R8. .357, 8 rounds, rail for laser or light. I like the revolver for reliability, and in a jam you can use it one handed and not have to worry about racking the slide in case of misfire.
But if I had to only own one gun to try and cover ALL possible needs, it's would be a 12 gauge shotty, this can effectively be used for home defense, and hunting. Ammo is readily available in all kinds of "purpose" built styles. I have the Mossberg 930. great price and I have never had any problems with it and have put over 2000 rounds through it.

I'm going to go at this from the perspective of only one gun to do anything I needed, hunting, home defense, and general shooting. With that in mind I also vote for the 12ga, with a selection of ammo of course, but they really are versatile. Don't forget they come with the ability to generate the universal sound for "Get the F^#& out!"

I don't carry so arguments that you cant carry a shotgun with you don't factor for me. I own a handgun because I like to shoot it, and I see the use of a small firearm I can carry around with me should there ever be a real reason, but its just not there 90% of the time. I've never had a gun pulled on me, and the few fights I have been in, or the knife that was pulled on me was handled effectively by the marital arts classes I have taken. I'm pro 2nd amendment, but when asked what I recommend for self defense I always say a self defense class or finding a martial art that interests you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top