JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not actually about tires.

Protecting the citizens from wanton violation of person and property is the reason the state exists. A state refuses that duty isn't legitimate.

Hey I've been there. The last place I lived only had a one car garage so about all that would fit in there was the car.

A 2 car garage would be my preference since then I can park my car on one side and have a work space/storage on the other side.

A year or two ago we had someone come thorugh our neighborhood in East Clark county and slash a bunch of people's tires. I was very glad to have my car garaged and out of sight, but I understand it is not an option for everyone.
This is another place tech has come a long way. Motion detection camera's are pennies on the dollar what they used to be. As long as you do not have to park on a public street its easy to set some up that will notify you if someone is by your vehicles. When we got some chickens I set up a couple to let me know if the Coyotes who share the place with me started to show and interest in them at night. Even have a light and siren on them. So far have used this option a few times to scare some rabbits away that kept setting the damn thing off while I was at work :D

We tried a ring doorbell recently and had to switch the motion detection off since it was being set off by the wind or shadows constantly, no matter what we tried to do with the settings. But ya it is nice to have access to that kind of technology when it works.
This is another place tech has come a long way. Motion detection camera's are pennies on the dollar what they used to be. As long as you do not have to park on a public street its easy to set some up that will notify you if someone is by your vehicles. When we got some chickens I set up a couple to let me know if the Coyotes who share the place with me started to show and interest in them at night. Even have a light and siren on them. So far have used this option a few times to scare some rabbits away that kept setting the damn thing off while I was at work :D

We tried a ring doorbell recently and had to switch the motion detection off since it was being set off by the wind or shadows constantly, no matter what we tried to do with the settings. But ya it is nice to have access to that kind of technology when it works.

Not shilling for either of these but these are the two kinds I am using out side right now. Both have it so I can set up a zone for the motion activation. The one has range also. So I can set up how far I want it to see. So far both do not go off when the wind is kicking it up out there. Only when an animal moves in front of them.

Spazvolv Outdoor Security Camera , Amazon Ring stick up camera

I also have this :
for outside the house. I live on an a fenced gated property that is very large. Put a sensor on all 4 sides of the house so after the place is locked up at night I would hear if someone was moving out there. This was sold as a way to let you know someone is coming down your drive. It is supposed to only detect things that move and have heat. So far seems great. Trees moving and such do not set it off. A vehicle driving by or even just something as small as a rabbit going by does trigger it. This was a little more expensive but has been great as it is solar and the sensors so far have never needed to be manually charged even up here where we often go a good while with no sun.
Never had a Ring doorbell camera so not sure if they just do not offer the same settings to prevent "false alarms" so to speak.
The one with the 4 sensors is nice as I can program the control in the house so it makes a different alarm sound for each sensor. So I know when it sounds off which side of the house tripped. The dogs have even started to pick up on it. The sound for someone is at the front will get them running to the front door. The sound for someone is at the back door and they run to the back door to look. I guess from seeing me do the same for those sounds.
:D

Having tech is good within your property. But I believed that most if not all the cars was on the streets. Don't know the details but all the slashers did was walk along the sidewalk or the street and stab a hole on each of 2 tires. 2 to 3 seconds and move on to the next car along the way until they got tired.

Having tech is good within your property. But I believed that most if not all the cars was on the streets. Don't know the details but all the slashers did was walk along the sidewalk or the street and stab a hole on each of 2 tires. 2 to 3 seconds and move on to the next car along the way until they got tired.
That sucks. I've seen spray painted on walls "kill all car drivers" around here. Fing idiots have nothing better to do and don't want to actually work or get a job. Tires are damned expensive. Useless waste and damage for nothing.

That sucks. I've seen spray painted on walls "kill all car drivers" around here. Fing idiots have nothing better to do and don't want to actually work or get a job. Tires are damned expensive. Useless waste and damage for nothing.
Yep and normally when they catch the scum they are of course wearing very pricey clothing, carry a phone that costs as much as a working vehicle, while they rage against whatever the latest thing is. People like this need to be forced to go live in China for a year and see how they think of the US when allowed to come back.

Saw a video of the tire slasher on the news. Looked like a young guy. I have no desire to shoot some stupid kid for doing dumb things. If I fire, good chance he will die. That said, a good ol fashioned azz whoppin seems appropriate.

Saw a video of the tire slasher on the news. Looked like a young guy. I have no desire to shoot some stupid kid for doing dumb things. If I fire, good chance he will die. That said, a good ol fashioned azz whoppin seems appropriate.
Yes that is what most of these morons need. Of course here is where the real problem comes in. If you do catch some juvenile doing this in one of the liberal places and beat him down? You know you will have both the law and the parents come after you. Law will probably charge you with a felony you have to fight. Parents will sue you for hurting the little darling. Of course the ideal solution would be the little walking turds would have to go get a job and pay for the damage they did. Not a chance that is going to happen.
One place I used to work vehicle got broken into twice while I was in the shop. Finally had to put an alarm on a junker car. Owner of the place was anti gun, knew I carried and "accepted" it. He was worried though. Asked me one time "are you going to shoot someone in my parking lot?" I said probably not, would you mind if I took a Sap to his hands though? He laughed and said no. He was just picturing coming in and seeing crime scene tape all around the place.

Or maybe the local tire shop is hurting for business?
Heard on the way home the city of Seattle has a new "solution". Down around the School scum has been having fun walking up and smashing the glass on stores. Great fun and of course city does nothing. Its gotten so bad there is a HUGE delay in getting the damn things fixed. People are pissed. So mayor came up with a great idea. Pay for the damage the scum did with Federal money. Each business can get reimbursed for up to 2K. Until this free money runs out of course. Which at the rate the scum are smashing glass will not take long. Again people who live there, like what you voted for yet? 🤬

Saw this video of guy stealing ford ranger on ring app today. Shows how long it takes for them to break in. Hyundai/Kia are probably number one stolen around here tied with Subaru. After that it's ford trucks. I've seen some Subarus around here that actually put those yellow metal boots on the front tire as that is the only way they can stop the thieves (in their mind I mean). Thieves carry universal "keys" to disable steering wheel clubs.

View attachment 1285695
A security camera got some footage of the slasher and by all appearances he seems to be running a run-flat gut so no worries.

Saw this video of guy stealing ford ranger on ring app today. Shows how long it takes for them to break in. Hyundai/Kia are probably number one stolen around here tied with Subaru. After that it's ford trucks. I've seen some Subarus around here that actually put those yellow metal boots on the front tire as that is the only way they can stop the thieves (in their mind I mean). Thieves carry universal "keys" to disable steering wheel clubs.

Ford trucks have been a HUGE thing up here lately. I read it was some kind of "flaw" in how locks were done for a good while, makes it real easy for a certain number of years. Seems one of the hidden kill switches would maybe be a good way to at least only come out to find damage. Old Jeep of mine is seldom used. I put one of the battery cut offs on it so the thing would not go dead. While back I come home and notice drivers door not shut all the way. I found someone had gotten into it and got the ignition to move. Did not seem damaged. Of course it would not start so they gave up. One of those switched put somewhere out of the way may help I guess? Really a damn shame it has come to this. As I have said for a while though if something is not done this is going to start to get people hurt badly when they get caught by someone who has just had it with the scum.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top