JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live right down the road from where hundreds of guys come to shoot every weekend, out by Estacada. They bring a lot of stuff to shoot at, but when it is full of holes they leave it. Please shoot all you want at anything you bring up here. But take it home when you are done. Don't shoot the trees either. You will just end up getting the forest closed, so the rest of us can't shoot.
You may go oh my god a Liberal. Nothing farther then the Truth. Check out my web site if you think I am. www.boxpranch.com I just don't like the garbage in my back yard and it gives shooters a bad name.

I am not a tree hugger. Far from it. I don't come to town and trash your neighborhoods.
Don't do it to mine. As you all can see the Democratic government is trying to pass laws to keep us all out of the forest service now. I am sure you all do your part but there are those that don't.

I like tree huggers, it gives them something to hold onto.

There's a difference between tree huggers and conservationists. One doesn't involve cultural degeneration, and the self destructive obsession with creating an unsustainable utopia.

I don't doubt, though, that whatever that girl may believe, she's cute.

I am not a tree hugger. Far from it. I don't come to town and trash your neighborhoods.
Don't do it to mine. As you all can see the Democratic government is trying to pass laws to keep us all out of the forest service now. I am sure you all do your part but there are those that don't.

gun runner,

I am in WA I have to ask you a question. The site you are referring to is there a lot of drug induced people? I was just wondering because a lot of the places I go to here have meth induced people all over the back forty looking for brass. I have noticed though they start fires and spend the night and they trash these areas. Find pipes and baggies all over, beer cans, clothes. Shooters are the cause as well. I was just wondering if it is the same over there? Thanks. So I just keep going farther where these or most people don't go. I would say I have 1000 miles of forest road right by my house so I guess I am a little lucky.

Scott

No there are no drug induced people it is all shooters. Like it or not there are a lot of guys out there that don't care. I am sure they were not taught any better. That is why I started this discussion. To bring to people attention that there are those of us that live close to where the folks from the city come to shoot and don't like the trash and destruction that some leave for others to clean up. There is no money in picking up and melting brass down now any way. More people pick it up to reload it. I do!
Hillockburn Rd out of Estacada is where I am talking about. But this is all over.

Some of us are getting together on April 11th in the Eugene area and cleaning up one of the local shooting spots. It's looking really bad these days, so a fellow enthusiast organized a "Taking Aim at Trash" day. The BLM is providing trucks, bags, etc...and all we have to do is show up and pick up trash. I think this is a good start at creating some great raport with land-owners. If anyone wants to join us, you can send an e-mail to Joe at [email protected].

Man is this ever a good thread !
I have a place I go not to far west of portland, last time I went some SOB ! had left about 7 or 8 home made targets. I picked them all up and a few cans too.
And if I ever catch somebody trashing any place out there , I mean any sort of dumb *** iresposible behavior with fire arms I will take there plate number and try and get them busted.
Never shoot glass ! man its hard to find a place to shoot for that very reason.
I suport the second ammendment whole hartedly , But i have found broken tequela botles. !
If you are doing that sort of stuff please stop and think about it.
Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution.
some people are to damn dumb to own a gun !
...tj3006

Thanks for the reminders, Gunrunner. Years ago (yah I'm an ol' timer,) fishing spots had nothing but pop tops, old tangled line, bait containers, Schlitz cans etc. cast about. Over a long time with reminders by those who wish our outdoors were kept clean, the culture of fisherman is changing to a cleaner conservationalist. Your reminder, Gunrunner, helps us to keep our mess to a minimum. Maybe we can gently change others behaviour too. Though it did take many years for the fisherman to start to catch on. I guess habits learned from dads, uncles, aunts and all take another generation to change.

(NWFA members I think GunRunner is another good guy FFL in our group. He passed along good info to me once in exchange for nothing but the asking. :)

I just hit up an old shooting spot on public land last week with a friend of mine. I was disappointed to see so many empty shotgun hulls, propane tanks (big and small), eviscerated televisions, and parts of glass bottles littering the informal shooting area. My one little trash bag was filled in a few minutes.

On the plus side, I only found a few beer cans.

(Seriously guys, TVs? I've shot two TVs and they really aren't that fun to shoot. Try marshmallows with a .17HMR--my new favorite combination on the range.)

Just got done doing this very thing out by Evans Creek ORV park. First couple times I went out there I picked up after myself and that was it. Last couple times I've been trying to do more than my share. Was hoping it would catch on, but it's not. I'll keep doing what I can, I like the spot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top