JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think teaching the younger shooters is what needs to happen. I think they shoot for fun and when the fun is over they go home. But like every thing else there is responsibility.
Congrats to you for doing more then your share

First post! Anyway, just to add to this thread, I personally don't pick up trash every time I go shoot. That would be a pain, especially on a day where I'm just going up to sight in a rifle, or function test something, etc. Instead, every few times I shoot I bring a couple garbage bags and pick up as many hulls, casings and non-broken glass items as I can haul out. It's amazing how much you can clear out when you convince a handful of friends to do this after all the ammo is blasted off. Once people get started and have a huge empty bag in their hands, they tend to zone out trying to fill the thing. In an hour you can almost completely restore some of the smaller spots with a minor group effort.

On another note: do you ever get a sort of sinking feeling when you arrive at a usual shooting spot and see that its been cleaned up so well that you wonder if it's being closed off for shooting?

One of our favorite places to hunt and shoot was on private logging land. We have hunted and shot in the area for years without complaint. Recently we've notice more gates being installed and locked.

The logging company has a quarry where they dig and crush their own gravel for road surfacing. Recently some IDIOTS saw fit to shoot up about seven cases of beer bottles on the gravel piles. So their road surfacing gravel is full of broken glass. It isn't Rocket Science!!!

Also, the lastest Dim-Wit fad of shooting full propane bottles to watch them explode on log landings is causing them to,.. Oh I don't know,..be concerned about FOREST FIRES!!! It isn't Rocket Science!!!

Consequently, the main-line now has a gate, that will soon be locked.

The Morons have accomplished their mission.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top