JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dirty firearms aren't allowed in my gun cabinet and I have never sold a dirty gun. I give them thourough scrubbing inside and out usually the day before, and wipe down the outside just before walking out the door. However, the majority of used guns I have bought have had at least dirty bores. A little dirt when buying I can handle. Any rust is a deal breaker.

Last Edited:
I'd agree, I would expect to receive a used firearm in very good to excellent condition, no rust and very near squeaky clean...

That's the same condition I would ensure any firearm offered for sale was in,
Period.

I see just about all firearms as marvelous mechanical works of art. That should be treats accordingly...

I did a lot of trading for various .22 rifles at one time before our wonderful BGC for every gun sale law.
It was fun getting to own and use rifles of many types and vintages.
At the last show pre-BGC , I had a fella say "Yeah , we like your rifles they always work and are always clean." LOL!

In all my trading I have found more dirty guns than clean.
Never really understood that. You would think a clean gun would sell faster.
Andy

I bought a gun from a member on here before, it was a great deal but the gun was pretty dirty. It was a glock and a great price so I didn't mind. Cleaned up good as new and never had one hiccup with it in 5 years or so. Carry it almost daily.

I did buy a gun from Armlist and had it shipped to me, used once, cleaned, and safed after that. So I figured it would be okay. It was coming from an FFL so I figured it was good. I got it and didn't really inspect it. Got it home and it looked like crap inside. Looked like there was a few hundred rounds through it and never cleaned. The glock mag's sticker was almost completely worn off.
I called the guy a couple times and he didn't call me back, so regrettfully I called his FFL out on here, then a couple days later he called me and made it right.
He said he was selling it for a friend who told him it was only shot once and put away clean.

If your selling a used firearm it better be like new or a dang good price.

Or your big feet.....:eek::eek::eek:
FB_IMG_1479824866327_zpsnx5ibg4z.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews