JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Smith should have had a gun. When his families life was on the line, the stakes are too high to fight fair. That being said, since he didn't have a gun his skills were definitely the difference between what happened and a much sadder one.

Here's another story of a woman MMA fighter that kicked the bubblegum out of a mugger.

10697084-3x2-xlarge.jpg

Yup, I get it.

Btw, spent a few years training with Al Dacascos among others when I was in Oregon back in the day so I get the Kajukenbo line of training.

Bozz spent time in China and the Philipines, knows a bunch of the old masters, etc. Like Decascos, he was asked to do movies, but they always wanted him to be the bad guy because of his dark native american and Sicilian (I think) looks, so he said nope. :)

... what are the rest of us to do?

(hint = equalizer )

Smith said. "I'm by no means the baddest dude on the planet. But he's a regular Joe and I had a hard time dealing with him. And he took everything that I gave him — every punch, every knee, every elbow. He took every single one of them and kept fighting me."

Hope he gets tested and cleared for Hep C, HIV, and all the other goodies. :eek:

Read that the kid that broke in was a high school champion wrestler with mental problems. I can see why the MMA dude had problems containing him; they probably had nearly equal ground games.

Yep. How silly is he gonna feel if he gets an incurable disease from this mess. Gun or not he could have just nocked the kid out with a bat or something.

People are dumb.
My brother was a rassler and boxer, and a dick.. got into it with a fella and the guy bit the hell out of him trying to get out of a hold. He had to get tested for pathogens.

I once worked with a guy (small) that taught Martial Arts and told me of a bar fight he got into with a biker (big) guy. He did his best Chuck Norris impression and bounced off. I asked him what his next move was, answer, RUN! Size does matter!

1) "My brother was a rassler and boxer, and a dick.. got into it with a fella and the guy bit the hell out of him trying to get out of a hold. He had to get tested for pathogens."
OOOH! Think I'll go down to the dentist and get all my teeth filed to points. :p
Sport "fightin'" don't include moves like eye gouging and biting. He's probably lucky that the bitin' guy's arsenal of hold breaking moves didn't include a blade.

2) There is a difference in mindset between MMA/sport and kill or die.
My vote would be to plunge the blade in as far as possible, then pump the handle vigorously while pushing in the direction of the cutting edge...
Assuming of course that I was stupid enough to stick my face into such a situation while unarmed in the 1st place.

My vote would be to plunge the blade in as far as possible, then pump the handle vigorously while pushing in the direction of the cutting edge...
Assuming of course that I was stupid enough to stick my face into such a situation while unarmed in the 1st place.

During a training session a BJJ guy asked the instructor, "What if I take you down to the ground?"

Instructor Reply: "You try to take me to the ground I'll stick one of my knives in your ear."

Sport vs Survival.

Q.

During a training session a BJJ guy asked the instructor, "What if I take you down to the ground?"

Instructor Reply: "You try to take me to the ground I'll stick one of my knives in your ear."

Sport vs Survival.

Q.

No knife handy? Clap them ears like Beethoven on cymbals and grab 'em like they're pistol grips...and...

Sport vs Survival.

Q.
Exactly.
I got into a fight about 20 years or so ago, I was in a stupid place. Ended up on top of the guy on the ground as I knocked him down and he got up so I figured this time he wouldn't. Well, his friend decided to kick the hell outta my ribs and when that didn't work his other friend hit the side of my head with a cinder block. That worked. I was lucky in the fact that I was stunned for a bit and they took the opportunity to hold me back instead of beating the hell out of me.
ended up with two cracked ribs but my head was okay though it took a long time for the soreness to go away.
I was into Jiu jitsu before it was cool and even I knew how stupid it is in a street fight unless you know the guy is alone and completely unarmed, still, it all goes out the window sometimes.

Skill can beat size, but somtimes size and strength is hard to overcome. Skill AND size and you have trouble on your hands.

Q.
this.. plus i bet it helps if you look like you hunt bears with other bears :p
Most mma fighters I have seen just out and about dont look like much. I see someone like a Brock Lesnar coming at me, i go the other way, regardless of what superman drug i am on.:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top