JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
800px-Rolls-Royce_Merlin_-_West_Yorkshire1.jpg

A lot of folks don't know, but the Mustang didn't end it's service after WWII, but went on well into the 80's and several conversions and new builds kept them fighting long after the 1940's!
Here is a 1990 New Build Cavalier III Mustang Enforcer Turbine!
4590568466_8dc1a9d446_z.jpg

hey, here is your chance to see the real thing...

Join the B-17 Alliance for our 6th annual Warbirds Over The West fundraiser Fly-In event to further the restoration of the "Lacey Lady," our WWII B-17G Flying Fortress aircraft under current restoration in its hangar at the Salem Airport! (McNary Field, SLE)

DATES, TIMES, & ADMISSION:
- Admission Gates open Saturday (8/10) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Admission Gates open Sunday (8/11) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- General Admission $15
- Veterans $10
- Family (of 4) $50
- Children 5 & under FREE

ATTRACTIONS & ACTIVITIES:
- WWII aircraft and vintage aircraft
- WWII Living History Encampment with vehicles
- Military vehicles (WWII & Post War)
- Aviation-themed Rat Rods from the famous Gary Fisher & friends
- Lacey Lady pin-up meet-and-greet with autographs and photo op
- Museum and Restoration Hangar tours
- Local vendors, merchandise, food and beverages
(N/A and alcoholic drinks will be available)
...and SO MUCH MORE!

hey, here is your chance to see the real thing...

Join the B-17 Alliance for our 6th annual Warbirds Over The West fundraiser Fly-In event to further the restoration of the "Lacey Lady," our WWII B-17G Flying Fortress aircraft under current restoration in its hangar at the Salem Airport! (McNary Field, SLE)

DATES, TIMES, & ADMISSION:
- Admission Gates open Saturday (8/10) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Admission Gates open Sunday (8/11) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- General Admission $15
- Veterans $10
- Family (of 4) $50
- Children 5 & under FREE

ATTRACTIONS & ACTIVITIES:
- WWII aircraft and vintage aircraft
- WWII Living History Encampment with vehicles
- Military vehicles (WWII & Post War)
- Aviation-themed Rat Rods from the famous Gary Fisher & friends
- Lacey Lady pin-up meet-and-greet with autographs and photo op
- Museum and Restoration Hangar tours
- Local vendors, merchandise, food and beverages
(N/A and alcoholic drinks will be available)
...and SO MUCH MORE!

This is always a must attend event if you have any interest in Aviation, and War Birds specifically!
I will be here once again, it's a cool laid back event and very friendly, bring the kids!:):):)

@Ura-Ki ; not only that but they were also developed into the F-82/P-82 Twin Mustang night fighter with a radar pod in the mid wing section... and the wingplan and empennage went on to be used on the FJ1 Fury, which later got developed into the F-86 Saber of Korean war fame :cool: my favorite WW2 fighter though? The Northrop P-61C Black Widow. Twas a beast of a plane with enormous engines and 4x 20mm cannons and 4x .50 cal guns in a dorsal turret... 3 seats, and a good radar system for the era... long range and saw most use over Japan I think?
1280px-FJ-1_(modified).jpg 1280px-North_American_XP-82_Twin_Mustang_44-83887.Color.jpg A19510044000cp21.jpg

Another AT-6 and P-39 just landed! :cool:

Will try and get over to my hanger and see whats going on, I drive right by the restoration hangers every time I'm there!
They should all be tied down unless they are just stopping for fuel on the way some place else!

I've taken a liking to the Westland Whirlwind Fighter project... always thought if it had been reengined with either turboprops or small turbofan engines, it would make for an excellent CAS fighter/bomber/COIN aircraft... too bad it got retired after only 116 were made. Its not much larger than a Hurricane. gettyimages-615313436-2048x2048.jpg

717b5ddfd610dde417a729d8ec6c4a95.jpg
How about the worlds first Special Ops bird?
Famous for night missions to infiltrate spies, pick up informants and intelligence behind enemy lines! These were hugely instrumental in Intel gathering during WWII and are largely forgotten today!

I made a model of the Black Widow when I was a kid. The model is long gone, but the plane is still badazz. :cool:

I may just have to venture up North to see that Salem show.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top